3. Brilliance of the Seas
Staff were lovely - friendly but professional and really helpful. Food in the main dining restaurant was good with a varied selection and always well cooked and presented. As ever on cruises the veg was lacking and under-cooked. The speciality restaurants were generally only half full probably as they are overpriced. Chop's Grill was particularly good and we dines there 3 times. Giovanni's Table was disappointing however with the pasta dishes being very bland. Azumi was really empty and lacking in atmosphere as a result but the food was delicious. RCL should look at reducing the supplements to increase patronage. Entertainment was the poorest I've seen on any cruise ship in over 25 yrs. We only went to the show 3 times - one was the cast which was fairly good but Tango Buenos Aires was a repeat of the show I saw on this ship 2 years ago and The Zoots was simply rubbish. Nothing like the standard that I've seen on NCL, Celebrity and Costa in the past. The only port on the tour that I hadn't been to was Ravenna and I was really disappointed. No taxis in port! Waited 40 mins and gave up. Ended up paying 22USD each for a shuttle into town. Others paid 129USD for a trip to the beach to end up on the public beach that was literally 10 mins walk from the ship!

Lovely Staff but Really Poor Entertainment

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Jlonomore

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Italy

Jlonomore’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Cabin was roomy and comfortable and everything was nicely finished. Mini bar wasn't properly stocked (we only had water, coke and Sprite!) and the TV wasn't interactive so we couldn't book tours or restaurants.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans