3. Magellan
Booked through Gardeners World, viewing gardens Dublin, Scillies, Guernsey, France. I was a first time cruiser. Very concerned regarding reviews however went with open mind. Had a wonderful time, food very good, previous remarks were very negative but I couldn't find fault. All meat dishes were tasty and tender. Desserts and cakes were varied and good. Tea was a real treat. 5 course dinner so each course was small but needed to be to get through all 5 courses. We ate breakfast and lunch in Bistro and enjoyed the many dishes on offer. Entertainment was to a good standard and the ballet/dance troupe were excellent as was the band. Singers were good overall,costumes were very good. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Very high hygiene standards throughout ship, staff administered hand gel every meal time. Shore excursions good, I thought reasonably good value all except Monets garden which was expensive as entry ticket was marked 8 euros so it seemed a lot for the coach trip (£67). I agree ship engines are noisy but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the cruise. Cabin was upgraded and back of ship floor 5, quite enough room , very comfortable beds, excellent shower. Yes I would go again.

Very enjoyable trip; exceeded my expectations.

Magellan Cruise Review by nannykay

nannykay’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Good space, very clean, comfortable beds, some engine noise.