3. Regal Princess
I had sentimental remembrances about my previous Princess Cruise in 2009 as the happiest vacation in my life.But did you hear that one cannot enter twice into the same river?It is easier to build a new and extremely beautiful ship than to provide a decent service.Human factor and details - that's the source of disappointment. That's truth that staterooms are more spacious and well equipped,but,say,the remote control of TV set and PRIVACY,PLEASE/PLEASE REFRESH MY ROOM card appeared after 6 days of sailing simply because somebody finally paid attention that they are lacking.Yes,I could ask and receive them immediately,but a good service supposes I don't need to. And yes,there were lots of delicious food,impressive shows,amiable crew members,nicely decorated places,incredible new spa etc.But for more or less pleasant cruising one was to pay infinite additional fees for anything ,beginning with a decent cup of coffee (I know that espresso-cappucino is never free,but free coffee in dining room never was so definitely bad) and ,say, I was offered to pay additional 20$ for removing my polish before manicure.I refused,because one thing is to be generous and to smile paying overpriced services,and the other is to have a face of an idiot. The certainly weak part was shore excursions,good for nothing and outrageously overpriced.Cruise is not intended for historical and cultural exploring ,but shouldn't be that bad guided as well.I would recommend to pay special attention to a Tallinn one.Shore excursion is neither appropriate place nor time to adjust score between Russia and Esthonia,and mind you,as you sell cruise tickets to Russians and Russian originated passengers,you should consider their feelings and their dignity as well and to accreditate better the service you hire. And the last but not least,my personal offence with a rather senior staff officer named Lyudmila.Cruising in 2009,I never asked for benefits for my next cruise,but was offered a golden card.I saved it for 7 years and did presented it on my check in.My blue card was immediately replaced for a golden one,but for my pure pleasure only,because it was never adjusted in the system.I confirmed my suspect before disembarkation when received a letter promising me that same benefit card that I hold in my hand for a future cruise.I went to passengers serviced,cleared my doubts and was directed to mentioned above.For obvious reason I spoke to her in my (as well as hers) native language which is Russian and I suppose that is why was badly treated on the board of discrimination.I got a bit unaccustomed to hear from a person on service "what do you want of me",usually they say"how can I help you",don't they?But when I answered that I want an apology,she had an amiability to tell me that giving me golden card and filing it in a computer as a blue one was my and my travel agent's error ,so she has nothing to apologise and offered me to receive a card in accordance with a letter newly received.I expressed my humble opinion that as it's going to happen the same with a new one,simply because Princess Cruise doesn't fulfil its own promises.

Imperfect service and feeling on the edge of discrimination.

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Maikasuka