3. Norwegian Escape
This was our first cruise ever and oh my, the escape didn't disappoint. We planned a family reunion and thought the best thing to do was to actually go on a cruise. As a group of 10 (and me being the organizer of the event), i was a bit worried when i read some of the reviews people had about the escape. I am sorry to say that these reviews are unfair, biased and extremely exaggerated because we had the best time on the norwegian escape. We stayed three nights prior in miami and then went to the miami port to board the cruise. It is true that the luggage takers were a bit pushy (trying to make a living i guess) but it really didn't bother us. We were on vacation! The ship itself is absolutely stunning. It is a brand new ship that has everything to offer. Since the beginning of your boarding and the norwegian staff will go above and beyond to make sure your stay is pleasant. Our housekeeper michael (deck 9) is amazingggggggg to say the least. Tell me one place where they actually make up your room 4 times in a day!!!??? Also tom, the international guest specialist, went above and beyond to help me get my camera back (forgot it in st. Thomas), he even invited me to his own office, made the calls for me and we got the camera back! The cabin itself is fantastic. My god, the views were mesmerizing! Make sure you sit on the balcony during sunset and enjoy the views. The cabins are actually big and lots of storage space so you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever with storage. Here are my reviews for the Dining Options: 1- garden cafe: easily our favorite spot (view wise and food options for everyone). This complimentary buffet dining option might get crowded especially during breakfast but you will love it. We went there almost everyday (not just to eat) but to play cards, sit and relax and enjoy the fact that we're on vacation. 2- le bistro: food wise, it is truly good but i found it lacking in service to be honest. It took them 50 minutes to get us our plates and we didn't even have all our plates ready together. In other words, some people ate while other waited and the restaurant wasn't crowded at all. Out of all the food venues, Le Bistro was our least favorite 3- la cucina: great italian food. You will love it. Decent meal sizes, great atmosphere and a perfect environment for a family. The service was top notch. 4- savior: we went there once for breakfast and were not disappointed. Classy complimentary restaurant with many offerings. 5- manhattan room: wow, great service ( a special hi and a hug to jay ann who was our waitress and who will also be going soon to norwegian jewel haahah). The manhattan room offers a live band, great food and great scenery so make sure not to miss it. (we did it as a final night dinner for the family) 6- cagney's steakhouse: this place delivered on service, food quality and ambiance so if you have the specialty dining option, make sure you visit it, especially if you also like grilled! 7- moderno: for the brazilian churrascaria lovers out there, this place is for you. Ahh the salad bar is to dream about and those cheese-filled small bread rolls (ahhhh).. And finally.. O'sheehan... Two words for you: shepard's pie.. I will die remembering the taste of that pie... Ohhhhhhh, i want to live in o'sheehan's!! The unlimited beverage plan is a must to have if you like to drink. For me it really paid off. I actually had 80+ drinks during this trip and so the plan worked like a charm. You can have unlimited drinks everywhere on the ship. Pool: maybe that's the only downside to the ship because we truly couldn't go to the adults pool due to the number of people being there. It is always crowded almost all the time. At night you can actually enjoy the hot tub (seems to be 24 hr open) but the pool closes at 10 pm. You can fairly find a place during a port day. But we did do the waterslides (all of them) as well as the ropes and ohhhhhhh these wereeeeee fantasticccccccccccccccccc!!!! Below is what we did in the ports: 1- st thomas: we did the vi eco tours (5 hours snorkel, hike and kayak) and we send a special hello to jen and divenchi... Those girls were fantastic and extremely accomodating. They will work with you and make sure to customize the program for you. Sybelle (the owner) went above and beyond to get me my camera back so a big thank you to her. 2- tortola: even though we had booked a tour but we couldn't make it because we were exhausted from the day before. So give yourself some time (especially if you have kids) because, depending on the activity the day before, you will be tired (weather change, traveling etc. etc.) 3- nassau: ohhhhh don't miss the blue lagoon island excursion. You will love that beach!!!! So calm, clean and makes you feel as if you're in paradise. On another hand, is that port a pain in the neck or what?? We were unlucky because we had two other cruise ships with us so it got really crowded on the port entrance and it wasn't fun at allllllllllll waiting for 30 minutes to be capable to go back on the ship. Overall, the escape gave me and my family the best vacation this summer... And for any person reading this, you will love the norwegian escape.. Remember you're on vacation so you don't need to be picky about everything.. Just enjoy it to the fullest!!!

Norwegian Escape: Escape from Reality to THE BEST MEMORIES FOR A VACATION

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by danielsyr

This was our first cruise ever and oh my, the escape didn't disappoint.

Here are my reviews for the Dining Options:

Below is what we did in the ports:

danielsyr’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 9226
Spacious, lots of storage area and the views from our cabin was fantastic. Special hi to micheal (housekeeper) for taking food care of us and for the greatttttttttttt animals he made from those towels... OHH WE MISS IT :(
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins