3. Seven Seas Mariner
We loved the all inclusiveness of this cruise line including r/t airfare, hotel one night in anchorage, all specialty restaurants, all beverages, and a lot of excursions were included. We embarked and were given a glass of champagne, and there was a welcoming bottle of chilled champagne in our stateroom. The staterooms all have king beds and balconies. Ship facilities were very clean. Most of the food was excellent. I highly recommend booking the cruise 10 months in advance so you can slowly pay it off. It is expensive but the all inclusiveness helped to offset the sticker shock you get with other cruise lines at the end of the cruise. We made our specialty restaurant dining reservations online and booked a table with a couple we were travelling with. The online system goofed up and did not book us together nor at the same time. Originally the maitre'd refused to let us dine together but after I spoke to him and voiced loud complaints, he gave in and let us dine together. He also fixed our reservation for the other specialty restaurant. His name was Abraham. I had the seafood sampler and a wyobi slider. Both were very good. Key lime pie was unimpressive. Actually, I wasn't impressed by hardly any desserts on the cruise except for the cheesecake topped with Alaskan blueberries we had one night in one of the main dining rooms. We ate in their other specialty restaurant, Signature, another night. Food was very unremarkable and not at all what I was expecting. Service was horrible. Casino was fun after we got some people to play craps. Entertainment was so-so.

Bucket List Checked

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by mujerlinda

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

Casino was fun after we got some people to play craps.

Entertainment was so-so.
mujerlinda’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Cabin was very comfortable and well laid out. Make up area located outside of the bathroom enabled me to get ready while my spouse was showering. Bed was very comfy. Balcony was nice. Sitting area was comfortable.
  Seven Seas Mariner Deck Plans

• Glacier Bay
    The views were unbelievable!! We saw some calving and it was amazing to watch. Since our ships is smaller, we were able to get quite close. Fabulous scenery and we got some wonderful pictures.
    View All 749 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Dog Sledding
    OMG!! This was so worth the price! We flew in helicopters up to Mendenhall Glacier and the dog sled camps. The dogs were so excited! Had a really fun talk with Michael Baker who races in the Idatarod. We were on the sled with 3 other people and were each given a chance to "drive" the sled. We got to pet the dogs afterwards and meet 2 new puppies. The ride up and back showed some amazing scenery. Being on top of the snow on the Glacier was an amazing experience. This is a bucket list item and MUST do thing in Juneau! It's not like anything else I had ever done. Highly highly recommend this excursion.
    View All 147 Dog Sledding Reviews
  • Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast
    Wonderful flight on a seaplane with fantastic views! We got off the seaplane at a very scenic lodge and had unlimited dungeness crab. OMG! Fantastic spread. We used some shipboard credit to switch out an included excursion (which didn't include the seaplane ride) for this one and I'm so glad we did. Very nice people, a little crowded with one big long shared table, but we also had unlimited beverages and a very nice cheesecake dessert. Ketchikan was warm and sunny. Beautiful day. There was not time afterwards to do any shopping unfortunately. Luckily we shopped a lot in the earlier ports as there was not a lot of time in port.
    View All 121 Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Reviews
  • Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest
    Beautiful bay and cool houses on the bay. We saw bald eagles, sea lions, otters, and got a small glimpse of a hump back whale. Sitka has good shops and I was so glad we did a good bit of shopping there as some of the later ports were full of jewelry shops and nothing that really struck me as being made in Alaska.
    View All 68 Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest Reviews
  • Gold Panning
    Train ride was beautiful as long as you could actually see outside the left side of the train windows. If you're forced to sit on the right, you miss a lot and it does take a couple of hours to get to the top.
    Panning for gold - not worth the time. Was bored by the guys dressed up in miner's outfits. Food was horrible. Certainly not worth this being an excursion you have to pay for.
    View All 64 Gold Panning Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    The railroad trip up through the mountains was very scenic. However, if you are only going up to continue on the other side with a bus trip to go panning for gold, try your best to sit on the left hand side of the rail car if you can. On the right, you can see side of the mountain. On the left, you get to see beautiful ravines, rivers... We were able to step outside the rail car to take pictures during the trip but some people hogged the views and it was very frustrating.
    At the top, we changed over to a bus and got some great views going back towards town.
    Panning for gold and the meal - the only reason I traded in an included excursion for this paid one (which we paid with shipboard credit thank goodness), was because my husband wanted to pan for gold. It was a very cheesy part of the excursion. My husband got about $5.00 worth of nuggets in his pan and i got about $14.00 in mine. The food (bbq chicken, ribs, potatoes, and a veggie) was dry and not seasoned well. For an excursion costing about $170/person, I thought this was a horrible value and waste of time.
    View All 1,104 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews