3. Norwegian Jade
We had so much fun on our NCL cruise, we booked another for this December! We arrived in Houston the day before we sailed. I can honestly say that I don't think that I would ever sail out of Houston again. The port is very far away from anything. We rented a car and had to return the car to the rental place and then take an Uber to the port. It was cheaper to rent the car and take a cab part of the way than to take a cab the entire distance because the port was so far out of the city. There was no place even close to the port to return the rental. The ship was amazing. I had been warned by friends who had cruised before that the rooms are tiny, and don't get me wrong, it definitely wasn't spacious, but it didn't seem that bad. Its laid out well so that everything is accessible, There was tons of closet space for our clothes so that we were able to unpack and put our empty suitcases under the bed. Our cabin steward Danillo was awesome! He was funny, polite, and always eager to help. My husband actually lost his wedding ring (we think while snorkeling) but Danillo searched our cabin top to bottom, even though we told him were were sure that we lost it after leaving the ship. The dining options were great, our favorite was the Jasmine Garden. We also ate in both dining rooms, and the cafe for breakfast and lunch. We did not have a specialty dining plan so we did not eat in any of those restaurants. For entertainment we spent a very small amount of time in the casino, where we won some t-shirts and a bottle of wine, but no money, lol. I attended the shopping info meeting, If you are looking for great inside info for shopping for jewelry you'll find it here. We went to the comedy show and the magic show and enjoyed both. We did not plan activities in Cozumel. We did some shopping and eating while we were there. In Belize we went on a snorkeling and private beach excursion and it was great! The snorkeling was a new experience for me and the crew on the ship were helpful and fun! We enjoyed some delicious (and strong!) rum punch while we went to the private island. It was beautiful and peaceful, and our favorite part of our cruise. In Honduras we chose to go zip lining. I enjoyed it, but my favorite part was the ride to and from the zip lining. The driver of the van told us a lot of the history and industry of the island. If we went to Honduras again I would take a guided tour of the city to learn more.

We already booked another!

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by dheyer

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

dheyer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF
We had a window in our room which was obstructed by a lifeboat. I would't pay extra for a window room again. I would either spring for a balcony or just get an inside room.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins