3. Norwegian Sun
We chose Norwegian because of the limited choices of ships going our direction in our time limit in Alaska, offer of premium food/drink package, and opportunity for excursions. However, we will NEVER RECOMMEND THEM AS A VACATION CRUISE LINE! 1. The Ports of call Itinerary changed 3 weeks in advance. We found out via another company. We called Norwegian to confirm, and they lied to us. They did not acknowledge it until the DAY OF THE CRUISE. (Luckily we trusted the excursion company, we knew going in). 2. Entertainment- If you are looking to have fun, this is not the boat for you. We did not have Rock Climbing, or put put, or even a hot tub inside (ahhh ALASKA WHY IS THE POOL OUTSIDE?). Even the bars/food buffet/snacks would close early. We had no musicals, no big shows, no plays 3. Getting on and off the boat-It was fine for us, but I heard many elderly complaining about the stairs or the ramp. We had to pay for water bottles getting on/off shore (although they gave us "clean hands" haha washy washy"). 4. Accommodations- I have allergies. They did not take it seriously. I have serious allergies where I can be hospitalized for 2 of the many I have. I actually had a Maitre'D question me about the severity of my allergies and if I can just take medicine. If it wasn't for 2 staff members on board, I probably would've jumped off board. They have a limited menu (even my boyfriend who DOES NOT have allergies hated the food). Bar food was not offered 24/7 (difficult to find in a rush) and the food was terrible. I am pretty sure I lost weight. We also did not like some specialty coffee/non-alcoholic drinks were not on the drink package (ah why is a water bottle cheaper on shore in Alaska than on our boat?) 5. Our room- Yes, we did not pay the expensive pricey room. This was my first cruise and felt I wanted to see what it is all about. My boyfriend has been cruising since he was 12, and he thought the same for my first experience. However, they treated us like the staff. We literally had staff members staying on our floor. We heard them late at night talking, screaming, shouting, partying. Our room was always dirty, stain on my sheets never gone, rock in the room, etc. I kept saying "let's pay more next time." However, that should not be the case. They should take all guests seriously. If it wasn't for us pre-booking excursions with another company (which is the ONLY THING I enjoyed), I would've jumped ship. Honestly, this is the worst ship (my boyfriend and his family asked me not to judge my first experience on this rotten ship). Thank you for reading this. I am marking 10 cruises because of my boyfriend. We are writing this together. I feel it will get more reads if you see that he has been on plenty.

Not Accommodating and Boring