I have always liked the HAL for the library, the food, and the service. This is my 29th cruise, 4 of which is HAL. The embarkation was great with no long lines. But once entering the ship there was no one to show which direction to go, which side. Confusing. The cabin furnishings were worn including the rug. The bathtub looked dirty but close inspection it had caked on grime and was discolored. The toilet water was too high! There was a good variety of shore excursions. The port was very convenient, Hamilton, right in town.I went to the hair salon and was extremely pleased with the result. I dined in the dining room and my only complaint was at the end of the meal servers were scant and it was almost impossible to get their attention. The ship did not have any helps for the hearing impaired as was previously understood.Therefore, I had to leave any classes like computer or culinary. Disembarkation was easy and speedy. I was with a hometown group which made it so. The cabin service was lacking. Sheets were NEVER changed and ice bucket had no ice everyday.

Disappointed with what was promised and their usual attention.

Veendam Cruise Review by waterfeature

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)

waterfeature’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Veendam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Cabin DD 675
Furniture was worn, some things never got dusted. Tub was dirty. Toilet water too high
Sheets never got changed. Ice was not replaced everyday.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Island Tour
    We stopped several places and it was a long day, 5 hours. The minibus was very cramped for even a 5'4" person.The driver was flirting and took too many liberties. Made for an uncomfortable journey. I liked that we saw a lot.
    View All 10 Island Tour Reviews