MSC Fantasia Cruise Review

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

WARNING! Do not ever go on MSC cruises! Here's why-

I travelled with my mother, my father, my brother, His child (7), My husband and my two daughters (Age 12 and 7)

Embarkation: We arrived at Barcelona airport and went up to the MSC rep. Our transfers weren't included. We thought they were. We ended up getting taxis to the port.

When we arrived at the port we had to sit around for an hour waiting for our number to be called. They handed around paper cups of hot water. It was disgusting. We have been on other cruise lines where they gave us ice-cold water or ice cold fruit juices.

The ship: When you walk in, it looks fancy. We went up to the buffet for lunch. They have pasta, pizza, salads, hot dogs that sort of thing. Overall it was OK.

First impression of our room: Our room, at first, was okay. We were on deck nine and we had a balcony cabin. There was a double bed for me and my husband. The children had a sofa bed, which they had to share. The other cruise lines we have been on have a policy of one child, one bed. Disappointed with that.

Dinner: Not much choice. We ate in the buffet. We looked at the restaurant menu. Awful.

Breakfast: Not enough seating for everyone that was eating. The food was horrible.

Pool area: The water is freezing cold. My eldest daughter is a very strong swimmer and she went into the pool and jumped out immediately. It was freezing. The depth of the pools are a problem. It's either two inches or two metres. The waterslide was probably the only thing my daughters enjoyed.

Staff: Rude and unhelpful. It was hard to understand some of them because they couldn't speak proper English, only Italian.

My youngest daughter was sick on the cruise. It was also her birthday during the cruise. My husband went to reception and asked them could they do something special for her. The reply was 'We give a card.' She didn't even get the card.

Disembarkation: Our flight was at 22:50 at night. We had to leave at 10 o clock, and sit around in the airport for the rest of the day. My youngest was sick at the time.

DON'T GO ON MSC CRUISES!

travelling Coco's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 9059

La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

The times we arrived in the ports were horrific.

Some nice ports, though.