Viking Tor Cruise Review

Great first cruise experience!

Viking Tor Cruise Review by molisa1011

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Booked this cruise with my daughter as a college graduation present and it was a gift to us both. This was our first cruise and, although I don't have another experience to compare it to, it was a wonderful experience. This cruise line really knows what it's doing from start to finish. We booked air through Viking which was a great price and they timed everything up better than I ever could on my own. We had a pretty good idea of the places we wanted to see but tossed around the cruise line to pick going through about 3 brochures. Viking just stood out and it did not disappoint! The staff, ship and food were better than anticipated. Shore excursions were great and well organized. We WILL be doing this again and the only decision to make will be the destination. Can't wait to cruise with Viking again soon!

molisa1011's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony

The French balcony stateroom was better than I expected. The king was broken down into twins for us which took a little bit more space, but there was still room to move around as much as needed. The bathroom was the perfect size and the shower was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Everything was clean and housekeeping did a great job. Glad we didn't upgrade to the veranda - the sun deck was too nice to stay inside!

City Tour

Budapest is a beautiful city and our evening cruise was unexpected and wonderful!!

View All 353 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

Although what we saw driving in was beautiful, I was a little disappointed at basically being stuck in the square for over an hour. It was crowded and hot, and most things to see only took about 1/2 an hour. A quick walk through would have been enough.

View All 169 City Tour Reviews

This was a nice day trip. Our guide pointed out lots of Sound of Music filming sites.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Regensburg

A rainy day so we hung out in the cabin and watched about 2 seasons of Downton Abby.

molisa1011