3. Carnival Fascination
I Suggest You Find Another Ship or company that sails to these ports! This ship is old and very broken down! After finally getting the time away to take a cruise. I was so excited. I had been wanting to do one for some time. Then, I was so disappointed. We were on Carnival Fascination June 26-July 3rd. Half the stuff on the ship was broken, under construction, or closed when it should have been open according to the schedule we were given daily. Internet was mostly useless. Constantly cut out! They were doing tile restoration at main bar by pool during busiest time of the day. Buffets closed at 3.30 when people were just getting back from port at 3.30-4.30. Came back to no food! Tons of people were looking for food. And tried to get pizza from 24 hour pizza shop but oven did not have power to it. Apparently that whole area of the ship lost power! One of the hot tubs on serenity deck was broken most of the trip. The water slides were closed on the first day aboard. One of the glass elevators was broken the entire trip! Went to get coffee at 6 am to find spoiled milk and creamer at buffet coffee station. They were out of juices and tea constantly. No one seemed to be checking them. One of the ice cream machines was broken almost whole trip. Our cabin floor was NASTY. There were eyes from towel animals on the floor, bandaid wrappers and kid stuff and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a month. The pool bar was closed at 2 pm by the pool on sea day??? Fun shops? What fun shops,both of them. We were excited to go shopping only to find two small stores.That was a joke. They used all the space for photos. Way too much space for photos. I understand it is a money maker but wow that was a lot of wasted space, that could be used for entertainment. No one ever dumped ashtrays in smoking area. They were constantly full of stinky butts.What little bit of smoking area there was. Four stools in the casino smoking bar is a joke. The bingo was a joke. 40$ for three games. You should at least do 6 games for that price. I ordered extra pillows before arriving and they were not there, went to guest services, ordered again and they still did not come. Asked room steward again and finally got them. As well as extra duvets because the beds were hard as a brick. And my extra duvet they brought had what looked to be a urine stain on it. It smelled clean but was stained. We were late to port one morning and had to stand on deck 4 for 30-45 minutes. With no announcement about being late till we had already been standing there 15 minutes. You can't understand announcements on speakers anyway most of the time, they sound mumbled. This older ship rocks so badly many cruisers who had been cruising for years and never been seasick, were seasick. We went to a drawing at spa and listen to the pitch and we're told we would get the special for the massage. Which we did but our friends went as well and when they went to book their spa they were told they had to book it for that evening only which was not true. Ours was booked for two days later as well as the people in front of us. So they did not get their massages because they were told something entirely different. And our friends were platinum! The Library was closed almost every evening. Apparently the captain was eating in there, that is what we were told. Also stood in line for 20 or 30 minutes at guest services because we didn't know we could go to the disabled window. Maybe you should make those who are coming on board and are disabled aware that they can go to the VIP window. We didn't know till we got up to the window where we saw the handicap sign but even then it looked like it was for VIP only by the signage above it. Our very first excursion (coral world, snuba) we met on the ship by a guide who proceeded to go down the steps at breakneck speed leaving half of the people going on the excursion. We found him once off ship and a lady with our group mentioned that he left half of us and he proceeded to cuss her out in front of everyone. He was rude an obnoxious. We reported him to guest services and they said he didn't work for carnival. Really, they sold us the excursion and make money off of it. So they should do something when there are rude guides, even if they are just contracted. I was not given a complaint number. But I am new to this and didn't know I needed one. She said I could talk to the excursion director but he was not available. I would have to locate him later. We tried but never could catch up with him. We had a good time at the wonderful ports and met some great staff and cruisers but it was sad to spend the amount of money we did and have to deal with all the broken, under construction and closed things on this very top heavy rocking ship, unacceptable!!!! This Would Be A Great Place For A Cruise Ship! ( our mantra) Stay away from FASCINATION at all costs!

Stay Away From Fascination! Old Broken Ship, needs to retire! Great Ports!

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by pur24karet

Internet was mostly useless. Constantly cut out!

One of the hot tubs on serenity deck was broken most of the trip.

The water slides were closed on the first day aboard.

One of the glass elevators was broken the entire trip!

They were out of juices and tea constantly. No one seemed to be checking them.

One of the ice cream machines was broken almost whole trip.

The pool bar was closed at 2 pm by the pool on sea day???

Stay away from FASCINATION at all costs!
pur24karet’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E E-46
The cabin was fine other in how it was set up. The cleanliness was horrible! Floors still had trash from previous guests!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Beach
    We absolutely loved this tour. It was a lot of fun. You need to be prepared to pay 20.00 for two beach chairs at each beach but it was so much fun and the rum punch was great too. Beaches were amazing.
  • Bioluminescent Bay Kayaking
    This was an amazing tour. It was about 9 hours but we were taken on a short driving tour of Old San Juan, and of the country side near the rainforest, ate dinner at a great restaurant, meet great people, hopped on a charter boat and took a wonderful boat ride over to Vieques to Kayak the REAL Bio bay! Hopped in a van for an informative tour of the island and it's sad military history and info on the tree of life . We stopped at a beach and enjoyed the beautiful area, including more history and feed the horses that run wild on the island. We Kayaked in glass bottom Kayaks and it was absolutely amazing. A dream come true, to see it. Then back to the boat for the ride back over to the mainland, and a stop at the Marina to freshen up, then van ride back to Old San Juan. They have several pick up locations all over San Juan. I highly suggest this tour. It is currently the only tour that will pick you up in San Juan , take you to vieques for the TRUE Biobay and bring you back in the same day. You no longer have to stay on Vieques. It was fabulous and the tour guides were wonderful and full of historical information. Hector will keep you laughing. They also provided great sandwiches and drinks after the Kayaking. And drinks were available throughout the entire boat trip, coming and going back. If you want to have a wonderful trip to the Bio bay, but not stay overnight on Vieques,BOOK this one!
    View All 14 Bioluminescent Bay Kayaking Reviews
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    It was amazing. I loved swimming with the dolphins. It was an amazing experience. I highly recommended it! When in St. Kitts, I will do it again!
    View All 13,026 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    This was a great tour of the island. He took us to all the places we asked to see. We walked the Tet Paul nature trail and the views of the Pitons were amazing as well as the described beautiful flowers,fruits and nuts. It was a short walk with an amazing view. Our driver took us by local sites, waterfalls, fruit stands, and local artists. It was a great excursion. I highly recommended this company.
    View All 252 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We went Island Hopping, with snorkeling included. The snorkeling was great, we swam with sea turtles, hung out on a beautiful beach for a while, had wonderful rum punch. Ate at a great restaurant which we pulled right up on the beach to unload and eat. Meals were a little delayed and they should make it clear the the tuna salad is not like ours it is not cooked! But my Chicken Cesar salad was great even though our salads came 10 minutes later than everyone else's food and they forgot our sides. but they did correct it and food was great. After eating we spent some time on the beach and it was beautiful, then we headed to see the airplanes landing at the airport. (After we managed to get the boat off the beach where it was stuck) The Captain said the water was too choppy and we had people that were getting sick so he wouldn't stop and let us snorkel like we were supposed to, while watching planes land. It is what we paid for. So we really didn't get to see but one from a good distance away from the airport as we were headed there. Many of us were extremely disappointed because it was the main reason we chose that excursion. We did still have a good time but would have like to have done the things we were supposed to do.
    View All 365 Island Tour Reviews
  • Snuba
    The tour guide that picked us up from the ship, was rude and cussed at one of the cruisers. Acted like he was mad at the world. We got to Coral World and I had never even snorkeled before , so the snuba was way to much for me. I could not do it. If you have never even snorkeled before I suggest you take a different tour. My friend with me, had snorkeled and loved this tour. I could not do it but enjoyed walking around coral world. I would have loved to have been in the water with the sea turtles and petted them. Coral World was great. The woman who picked us up from Coral world was a wonderful Tour guide. We liked her. She was friendly and great.