3. Celebrity Silhouette
It was our third cruise with Celebrity and we've never used anyone else at this stage because I've never been convinced that there is better value or service to be had, and we've certainly researched them all! We came straight from an Arctic expedition out of Svalbard where we basically wore the same clothes everyday onto the luxury of the Silhouette. We love adventure and travel and we love the pampering from time to time and that's certainly available on Silhouette. We had a fantastic corner suite on the 9th at the rear of the vessel that had a side porthole and a rear balcony. Prior voyages on Celebrity have been in the inside passage from Vancouver to Alaska on Millennium I think and the Mediterranean on board Celebrities newer vessel Reflection. Both different and both fantastic. With a suite you have priority boarding but don't forget to fill out your paperwork first otherwise it can hold you up. We are very active and fit 56 year olds and so always took the stairs, except on special nights where my wife wore those high spikey glittery shoes, that men love but will never understand why women put themselves through that pain! Past experiences had taught us to pace yourself with the dining. The Murano restaurant was our favourite, and we took a cooking class they offered. We didn't marry because of my wife's ability to cook and sadly I can't see her making the crab terrine or Grand Marnier souffle at home but her personalty, beauty and kindness more than make up for her ability to burn water! We took almost every active shore excursion and keep saying to ourselves that we see these shore excursions as taste tests and determine which places we need to come back to one day to do properly. Whether that ever happens remains to be seen I guess. Loved Estonia, Sweden, Copenhagen, St Petersburg (Don't miss the Hermitage Museum, awesome!) On board shows were a bit hit and miss but everyone to their own. Some I loved, others didn't and visa versa. In a suite you have access to your very own specialty dining restaurant , Luminae, and we really enjoyed that. Intimate, quiet, fantastic service and great food although I'd say Murano had better, more upmarket food choices. The ship was in excellent condition with lots of activities, a great gym and doing the Baltics via a cruise is a great way to take a holiday. We only started cruising a few years ago as it never really appealed to us. We kick ourselves now and wish we had started many years earlier. Unpack once and let your hotel take you there!

Unpack once and let your hotel take you there!

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ColinVale

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Celebrity Suite

ColinVale’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

• Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
    Long train ride there and back and if you've never been to a concentration camp then maybe it's worth doing once. I felt the day was a bit rushed and if I had my time over again I would have simply toured the town of Warnemunde where we were moored, that looked very interesting and others told me they'd had a great time doing their own thing.
    View All 14 Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Reviews
  • Bike Tour
    Everyone rides bikes in Copenhagen and it's a good way to get around. Unfortunately it rained (only day on the whole trip actually) so that dampened things but we still had a good time. No point doing both the city tour and bike tour as it turns out! Lot of duplication.
  • City Tour
    See above.
    Went to Fred and Mary's place for a cuppa but they weren't home. Copenhagen is a beautiful city.
    View All 177 City Tour Reviews
  • Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
    Very impressive church with incredible mosaic work inside
    View All 192 Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Reviews
  • Hermitage Museum
    We were first into the museum before the crowds thanks to Celebrity. I'd imagine it would be a nightmare later on as there was an enormous line when we departed.
    View All 342 Hermitage Museum Reviews
  • Peterhof Palace
    We just did the gardens and didn't actually go inside the palace as time didn't permit but what we did see was very impressive. Get there and get a position before they turn the fountains on (11am I think?)
    View All 214 Peterhof Palace Reviews
  • Old Town of Tallinn
    Again, get into the Old Town early before the crowds and start at the top of the town and work your way down. Great history and lots to see and do.
    View All 174 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews