3. Golden Princess
What is better than leaving San Francisco on a crisp fall afternoon and ending in Sydney Australia on beautiful spring morning in less than a month? We sailed on the Golden Princess from SF to Honolulu circled the Islands stopped in Maui then off to the beautiful pacific islands of Tahiti, Bora Bora, American Samoa, Pago Pago, then to New Zealand finally spending an extra day in Sydney. We loved the low key island tours of American Samoa in an old school bus. Our tour guide was a high school girl whose family ran the tour company. In New Zealand, we visited the North Island Wellington, rented a car and go to see the countryside and small suburbs to see everyday life. We learned that free internet is available in all of New Zealand at any public library. We found they have well marked, sparkling, clean traveler conveniences; bathrooms, snack shops and bakeries with pasties. Charming roadside parks and lots of gorgeous landscape, easy to read and well marked road signs. We visited Auckland and did not get to Port Chalmers to the tender port because of the choppy weather inside volcano topped bay. Nature abounds in New Zealand. Fjordland is like the inside passage of Pacific Northwest in Alaska. No glaciers but every bit of the scenic unspoiled mountains and water. The sea days were fabulous with so many options to take advantage of games, lectures and friends to visit. I found eager Mah Jongg players so that what I enjoyed each sea days. We enjoyed dinner in premium Steak House it was delicious and worth the extra $$. Our dining option included six table mates that were fun people, we enjoyed their company almost every evening and still stay in touch. The dinner menu varied, every meal I found great food for my diet. Comfort on the Golden Princess was exceptional, you could always a comfortable seat in the dining room, bars and theater. I am prone to sea sickness however I only felt queasy at the crossing of the equator on one half day. The crossing ceremony is a fun event to watch maybe not participate unless you are very adventuresome. We a seasoned cruisers; we will consider this to be a memorable highlight in our cruise experiences.

Leave Crisp Autumn ...End in the Cheerful Spring in Twenty-Nine Days

4th Corner Gal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IF
Loved our interior room location just off of the Art Gallery and a short walk to the coffee shop and elevators in mid ship. Great cabin stewards.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins