• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

MSC Poesia Review

Editor Rating

OUTSTANDING CRUISE, WOULD DEFINITELY GO AGAIN!!!

Review for MSC Poesia to the Western Mediterranean
jcmankow
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

I have been on many cruises and found MSC Poesia a great cruise. I read all the bad reviews and book anyway because they were going to the destinations I wanted to visit. I'm glad I booked, I was happily surprised at how clean the ship was, friendly the staff was and how good the food was, especially after reading the bad reviews. Not sure why others gave bad reviews, this is a great cruise for the money, great ports and the ship was really clean, comfortable beds, good food, I can't say enough good things about this ship, just excellent. The entertainment was also wonderful. Only bad thing is I wish we had more time in Malta and a day port for Palma instead of night. The rest of the cruise, nothing bad to say about it, plenty of food and room for everyone. I would definitely go again.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B1

The balcony room was wonderful, lots of room on the balcony and it was very nice to just sit and watch the ocean and the shoreline privately.

Port Reviews

Genoa

Beautiful port, you can walk around the town, plenty of time to see all the sights.

Taormina (Messina)

Great port, again you can walk Messina, lots to see without having to pay for excursions.

Malta (Valletta)

We did the hop on hop off bus, a must if you want to see some of Malta in the short time. Loved Malta and wish there was more time. The shopping area was great.

Marseille

Marseille is just an okay port. You can take the bus from the terminal, bus number 35 to downtown, it costs 1.90 euro, much cheaper than the ship bus for 16.90.

Barcelona

Beautiful city, you can walk it.

Find an MSC Poesia Cruise from $219