3. Crown Princess
This was my first cruise and I went with my husband and another couple to celebrate our anniversaries. My husband had previously been on a cruise before we were married but the rest of us had never been. He had always told me how much fun he had and that he thought I would really love being on a cruise. I on the other hand was very sceptical because I am very claustrophobic. I absolutely hate elevators and confined spaces, so the thought of being in a floating "tin can" just freaked me out. I would indulge my husband and let him talk about going on a cruise but I always said nope not for me in the back of my head. Well fast forward to around November 2016. Our five year anniversary was coming up in janurary and so I wanted to do something sort of special to celebrate. And somehow or another we got a great deal with princess and my husband somehow conned me into a short pacific coastal that went to Santa Barbara and Ensenada. He also got our good friends to go along too that had never been on cruise. Probably just to make me feel better on what I was set on thinking would be a scary experience for me. Like I was having some pretty bad anxiety about going. Anyhow the day came for this "crazy adventure". The terminal was great and so smooth. All the princess employee were so friendly and I immediately felt so much more comfortable by their sweet wishes for me to have a lovely voyage.we had to go through a metal detector and they checked our bags. A very similar experience to an airport except a lot less hassle. Then we proceed to board the ship. Wow! It was so much bigger than I ever thought it was going to be. And it was so spacious and beautiful. It was like a hotel! I felt a lot better with every step I took exploring the ship. Then came the time to go to our cabin. We got a balcony and now I am ruined for life! I don't think I could cruise any other way now. There was a lot more room than I thought. Our balcony was big and our closet area was spacious and had enough room for everything. And that's saying a lot because I am a girl who definitely is known to over pack just a bit lol. And from then on my love for cruising grew. They have delicious pizza, hamburgers, bratwurst and soft serve ice cream on the lido deck. And the main dining room that's included in your fare is great. It's so fancy and such a nice ambiance that you feel you should be dressed up a bit more. And their specialty restaurant crown grill is so worth the the small extra cost to dine in. Next there are plenty of activities and fun things to do all day long. Or you could be a complete lazy bum and no one would blink an eye. To sum it up I had an amazing time and can't wait for our next cruise. I'm sure there are people somewhere in the world who just don't like cruising bit for those of you who are intrigued at the thought but are nervous and unsure I say just try it. I am one of the worst anxious filled people who have probably ever met and I fell in love with cruising. I didn't feel claustrophobic and even if I felt a smidge bit closed in then I would just find the closest stairs (FYI I don't use elevators becausethey freak me out) and voila I could be in the open air on the lido deck in no time at all. So take that cruise you'll love it! Our next cruise is going to be on ruby princess to Alaska in May 2017!

First Time Cruise Review

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Alohagurlie

Our next cruise is going to be on ruby princess to Alaska in May 2017!
Alohagurlie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
Balcony was roomy and was a great value for what we paid.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins