3. American Queen
My husband and I sailed from New Orleans to Memphis with the American Queen. We loved the ship, with it's back in history approach to making the experience truly the way it would have been. The ship was filled with antiques, had lovely small gathering rooms, and very well appointed staterooms although the bathrooms were very 50s. The verandas were wonderful whether you choose to have a private or public space. The shared verandas allowed for your own seating with visiting opportunities with passers-by. The food was well chosen, varied, excellently prepared and presented and tasty. The majority of the staff was very accommodating. The ports we visited included the most beautiful plantation I have ever visited, a town changing and recovering from big business' (Walmart) affects on the Mom and Pops and loss of employers, the music history of Memphis, and the pleasure of just "rolling on the river". We will certainly cruise with American Queen in the future. In fact, we're looking at sailing on the Columbia and Snake Rivers with the American Empress in 2017.

Do It!!!

American Queen Cruise Review by Kernst

Kernst’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

Small but with plenty of space to unpack and relax. Loved that we could open doors and see river from bed. Bathroom was old style but appropriate for the ship's design. Bed was comfortable. Decor lovely