3. ms Sapphire
Tauck is truly a premier company. Everything from embarkation to disembarkation went smoothly and trouble free. The ship was lovely, a little dated, but well kept and scrupulously clean. The staff was wonderful. We had a suite which was spacious with a walkin closet, a fairly generous bathroom with a tub and shower, a very nice Nespresso maker (I got one for myself once I got home) and a seating area. Food was outstanding. All of this is the good part. So, why did I give Tauck only four, not five stars? It all comes down to personal preferences and individual needs. While all inclusive is nice, it would have been better to have more choices in excursions rather than everyone doing the same thing. My husband has mobility issues and we were unable to do some excursions and had no second choice of activity. We traveled down the Seine and had hoped to see towns where we could walk off the boat and explore on our own. This did not happen. Nothing was close enough to our dock that we could get to on our own. Another issue was the docking procedure itself. Often we were docked up against one or two other boats. This entailed climbing to the top deck of our boat, crossing to the next boat, climbing down their stairs, then back up again to cross to the next boat, then finally onto the dock. Exhausting for my mobility challenged husband. This was especially "fun" in the rain. This particular cruise had excursions that kept us on buses for huge amounts of time, again, not what I expected. Would I take Tauck again? Probably not. Not because they don't do a good job, but our circumstances don't make this company a good match for us. Others on our cruise had taken many trips with them and loved them.

Cruising the Seine