Viking Gefjon Cruise Review

Viking Gefjon Cruise Review by Happy Cruiser 1947

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

WOW.......We've been "LOOKING" at a Viking River Cruise for YEARS, but never pulled the "TRIGGER" because of the PRICE!!

SO.......2 First Cousins and their spouses and my wife and I talked about doing this together and we even had 3 meetings to discuss this Grand European River Boat Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest in the summer of 2015.

Well on June 2nd, 2016, this "DREAM" became a REALITY for ALL of us.

Talk about having a FANTASTIC Time on the Viking Gefjon would be difficult to put into words other than JUST DO IT!!! IF you want to be PAMPERED, then Viking will MEET your expectations for sure with Service, FOOD and Excursions!!

The Food was 5 Star.....the Wine and Beer with Lunch and Dinner was Great too! The deserts.......well I GAINED 9 lbs on this trip so READ between the lines!!

ALL the ports and tours were very interesting and informative also.

We had a cabin that the widow slid open, but no balcony which was fine as we really weren't in the cabin that often. There are so many COMFORTABLE places to relax on this ship that this really wasn't an issue. We have always had a Balcony or better on all our Ocean cruises, but this was OK.

All I can say is that this River Cruise really SPOILED US as now we probably won't want to go on the Ocean again...LOL!!

PS: I did book a 7 night Caribbean Cruise for this coming November.

Happy Cruiser 1947's Full Rating Summary

French Balcony
Cabin D 232

Our cabin size was adequate, but a little larger would have been better.

Everything was Clean...nice looking.....and the beds were comfortable too.

Loved the FREE Bottled water everyday also.

Amsterdam

We decided to just do the offerings from the ship. I have a new hip and my wife has back problems so the walking we did was OK.

Budapest

We stayed an extra 2 nights to visit family and friends, but should have taken a WEEK!!

Happy Cruiser 1947