3. Amsterdam
My first on Holland America and I've done 9 on Princess and I'm still partial to Princess. Nothing at all wrong with Holland America. I just think Princess is the better of the two. I don't know that I could pinpoint any one thing, but there were a lot of things that needed to be revamped or redone on the Maasdam. It's obviously an older ship and just needs to be redecorated and updated. Some of the shows were also a bit raunchy and the shows are one of the main things I enjoy on the cruise. Service was o.k., but most not outstanding. We did have 2 boys in the dining room that we loved and were very attentive to us and I tipped them more. I'm on a walker with oxygen, so I didn't really do many shore excursions, but what I did were fine. Food, for the most part was fine.

Pros and Cons

Amsterdam Cruise Review by bridal1

bridal1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 644
Because there were 2 single ladies traveling together, we had the room steward rearrange our room and they were very nice about doing that. Our room was usually always refreshed when we came back to it.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins