3. Crystal Symphony
This was our 3rd cruise on the Crystal line and our 2nd on Symphony (which is our favorite). We had so much trouble getting to the cruise due to a blizzard in the NYC area. The two days we booked in Buenos Aires were lost to us and we arrived in the city only a few hours before our boarding time. What a relief it was to walk into the Crystal environment after such a anxiety filled experience. Embarkation took a little longer than usual due to a large number of people showing up at the same time, but Crystal still handled it well and we were through the lines in no time. Our room was ready before 3. Some people think the rooms are too small, but we find them to be just fine. I asked for ginger ale to be stocked in the mini bar and for a different type of pillow for my husband and our stewardess complied quickly. We have never had a bad stewardess or even a mediocre one, they are all excellent. Dinner in the main dining room was wonderful as always. Our waiter and headwaiter were the best yet. So was the sommelier. I didn't care for the particular white wine served that evening, and he suggested another type that I loved. He would always offer it to me at every dinner in case I didn't want the type served. (Different types of red and white wines are offered every night, but I noticed many people ordering different types). It's all included unless you get into the really pricey area of wines. I have to say something about the itinerary. It was the most spectacular and exciting trip I have ever taken, and my husband and I have traveled extensively. We LOVED the penguin colonies in the Falklands. If you have the chance, you have to take one of the excursions out to the colonies. Ours took 3 hours each way but it was worth it. The icebergs and the wildlife in Antarctica were unbelievable. We ran into some wild weather while there, but it just added more adventure to the trip. We loved seeing where Ernest Shackleton landed with his men on Elephant Island. There were several lectures on board: one on Shackleton and some on wildlife and Antarctica itself. All well worth attending. The most beautiful evening of all was at sunset while sailing through the icebergs. The ship gets quite close to them. Crossing the Drake passage was especially exciting with 30 foot waves. I took Less Drowsy Dramamine and had no problem with sea sickness. Next were the.Chilean fjords and the Strait of Magellan. Absolutely stunning and all wild. No houses, towns and only a couple of small fishing boats were seen in the whole day. As usual we met some great people and just had a wonderful time. As far as the downside, the only thing I can complain about was that the movies were kind of old. Not as up-to-date as our first cruise. Would I go with Crystal again? Absolutely. We are now planning our next adventure for 2017.

Amazing time in the Falkland Islands and Antarctica

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by AveandJoe

As usual we met some great people and just had a wonderful time.

AveandJoe’s Full Rating Summary