3. Marella Spirit
This is our third cruise with Thomson on our third different ship. This time we were on the Spirit. The ship is dated and doe's have some little quirks, like the vibrating. It did not bother the two of us, in fact it added to the charm. I will start with negatives. !. No acknowledgement that we are returning customers and we were not the only ones. 2. The all inclusive is not all inclusive. We did know this but first timers did not. Also they have put a lot more supplements on the drinks menu. Cider has a £2 supplement, that's ridiculous. I don't drink it but lots of cider drinkers were not happy. 3. We had priority tags put on our luggage yet we waited over an hour at Malaga airport for it to trundle along the carousel.. Now to the good bits. The staff. To a person they could not do enough for the guests. Thomson's are very lucky to have such great staff. They made the cruise. The dining. We dined in the Lido for breakfast and lunch. We always had plenty of choice for both. Food is one thing we don't have an issue with on the ship because we are not fussy eaters. Everything was always fresh and had plenty of choice. You could have full English in the morning or continental. At lunch, again plenty of choice. We usually had a salad and found no issue with the freshness or the options offered. In the evening we always dined in the Compass Rose restaurant. A warning. If you want a table for two you may have to wait anything from 5 minutes to 30 minutes depending on how busy it is and if you want the same waiters every evening. We chose to have the same waiters, Tori, Ren and Kumar the wine waiter. I recommend them. The food was always well presented and tasty. It is not five star but it is good quality. The wines were fine to me but I am no expert. I especially liked the rose. Entertainment. You have lots of choice in the evening. You have the twice nightly show. These were very good. On the last night they did a west end show. This was fabulous. One of the best shows we have seen. Raffles bar usually had a singer and then Strum jam. We and lots of other people danced the night away to Strum jam. They were very good. A big hello to all the people who danced with the two of us. You have Horizons bar if you want a quieter night. A very nice bar, yet again with great staff. On the back of the ship you have High Spirits. They have game shows and it is where they have the disco. I have already mentioned the staff but we can't thank them enough for the wonderful service they gave us. Last but not least. A really big thanks to all the lovely guests we met on the ship. I wish we could name them all but here are a few. Ann and Ryan. Lisa. The families from Dagenham. Irene and Alan from Shevy LOL and to everyone else we met. Thank you !!!!! And the big question. Would we go again. A big fat yes. We like Thomson cruise's. not because of the ships or Thomson themselves but for the service we get on the ship and the entertainment that is provided. It suits the two of us. It is not to everyone's taste but there is plenty of choice out there. Hope you have found this helpful.

Spirit 3rd to 10th July

Marella Spirit Cruise Review by Calton

I will start with negatives.

Now to the good bits.

Last but not least.

Thank you !!!!!

Hope you have found this helpful.
Calton’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Spirit price drops

A nice cabin. Always kept spotless buy the cabin stewards. The bathroom could do with updating but all in all very nice.
  Marella Spirit Deck Plans