We had previously sailed on Crystal Serenity on the Baltic cruise and had an amazing experience. We chose to sail with Crystal Serenity for the Alaskan cruise expecting a repeat of this. However, we probably will NOT sail with Crystal again:
1. the food was lacking in quality - soups were always salty. So were most of the other dishes in Prego/Silk/Crystal Dining Room not only on one occasion but repeated occasions
2. the waiters seem overworked and stretched and not friendly
3. the buffet spread in the Lido deck for breakfast and lunch was limited and seemed repeated
4. internet was very unreliable and the staff that manned the help desk in the computer area was hostile and impatient and rude
5. food at Silk Road was appalling. The sashimi was not fresh. The quality was lacking. Service was not good. We had booked another night (was willing to pay for a repeat experience) but cancelled the booking after the awful dining experience
6. Crystal cruises are pricey. We paid a lot for a 6 stars' experience but this cruise seemed more like 3 or 4 stars. Perhaps we should try another cruise ship the next round.
Our butler and housekeeper were excellent. That is the saving grace.