Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by malackym

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

My wife and I took this cruise for our 25th Anniversary. We had a great time. It was our first cruise without our kids, since before we had kids.

The ship doesn't have all the bells and whistles the newer ships have and I will admit, I think our kids (ages 22, 19 and 16) would have had trouble finding things to keep them entertained. But for my wife and I, it was perfect. A nice relaxing vacation. The smaller number of passengers made it much more intimate. We found ourselves meeting up with the same people much more often than, for example on the Quantum the year before. It also didn't feel as touristy as our previous cruises on the bigger ships. More people from east coast area driving to the port. We drove from Ohio. Embarkation and Debarkation we very smooth. We were dropped off at the port at 10:00 waited to board at 10:30 and were eating in the Park Cafe by 11:15. Had breakfast at 7:30 in the dining room on the day of debarkation and were picked up and on our way by 9:30.

We ate in the dining room each night, and had the late seating at 8:00. The service was great and the food was good as well. We never had a problem with missing a show because of the dining time.

We didn't take any excursions thru the ship. We took a shuttle bus from the port on Bermuda to Horseshoe Bay. It was $7 per person each way. There were plenty of busses waiting at the port and also at the beach for the return trip. In Nassau, we just got off the ship and walked around for a few hours. We like being on the ship when it is in port. The weather at Coco Cay wasn't very good, drizzle most of the day. Had lunch on shore and it was the typical BBQ food - OK.

This showed its age somewhat, but I would certainly go on this ship again and would highly recommend it.

malackym's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 4043

Our biggest concern with the cabin going in, was its location. However, we had no issues. We never heard any noise from the Centrum, from the elevators or from the casino above. There was also enough room under our bed to put our luggage. The bed was low, but it was very comfortable.

Two small issues with this cabin. First, the showers are small with a curtain, knew this coming in, no problem, but the soap dispenser was mounted on the wall inside the shower and both my wife and I knocked it off several times and the soap poured out. Shout out to our steward, it was refilled each day, Second, the door to the hallway didn't shut flush with the door jam, so there was a light coming in at night below the door knob. I simply hung the shirt I wore to dinner on the handle and it covered the light coming in.

malackym