3. Viking Vili
Looking for a more upscale experience, we listened to Viking's marketing materials. What they didn't tell us, is the program is for passengers 70 and over. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, for those who enjoy sports or an active lifestyle. I was told there was a walking track on the sundeck. They don't tell you that it's closed for 75% of the trip. Here's what's good about Viking: passengers are interesting, food is good, staff is excellent. Here's what's bad: everything else. On cruising days, we slept all day because there is nothing else to do except eat. very little shipboard ativities except for the program director's 15 minute briefing before dinner. there is a piano player/singer but except by 10 pm, everyone to be asleep. They tell you there's free wine and beer, but it's only for meals. If you want a drink before dinner, you have to buy it. If you get hungry late at night, you better have made a sandwich at one of the meals because there is nothing to eat except coffee/tea and cookies. Beds are very small and uncomfortable. Room is small compared to ocean cruises. Viking included airfare. They gave my husband and I seats 20 rows apart for the nine hour trip to Europe. Most importantly, they don't tell you that most of the time they have to transfer passengers to another ship midway because of high or low water problems. That means one day of your trip is spent packing and unpacking suitcases and traveling 4 hours and the sundeck is closed for most of the trip. It would be nice if passengers had that info before they paid for the trip. Would not recommend Viking. have been on Amadeus where they had bikes on board. That was much better for my more active lifestyle.

Viking River is not for the young of body or of heart....average age 70 and older.

Viking Vili Cruise Review by harrietb

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior

Beds are very small and uncomfortable. Room is small compared to ocean cruises.

harrietb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 335
Cabins are small and bed is small and uncomfortable. didn't sleep well on ship. felt vibrations from ship even though we were on top floor below sun deck. balcony was very nice and we enjoyed view.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins