3. Grande Mariner
I went to the Bahamian Out Islands with Blount it was the best vacation I have ever taken. We boarded in Nassau and cruised past 4 HUGE cruise ships. We went to the outer islands that big ships will never reach. Spanish Wells, Harbour Island and Compass Cay to name a few. We had complete access to remote beaches and small towns inaccessible by usual tourists. We were docking with yachts and sailboats the entire time, even running into a few celebrities. The optional excursions were fantastic as well - my favorite is the ride in a glass bottomed boat with the Naturalist Luz who lectured us on fish and coral below the surface. The crew on these boats are absolutely phenomenal. Beginning on day 1, they will know you by name. If you need ANYTHING, just ask! Fantastic service. I also enjoyed the food onboard greatly. One of my favorite meals was a fun cookout on the top deck during Caribbean night where the captain made his famous punch and handed out delicious grilled shrimp. Blount is the type of cruise you take if you want to do something different and meet great people in the process. You bond with both passengers and crew greatly over the duration of your trip since they sail with less than 83 passengers. The ships are not luxurious by any means. It's truly about cruising in comfort and enjoying your experiences with people who make you feel as if, you are cruising on a friend's yacht! Blount also does trips from New York or Boston to Montreal, wish I am hoping to do one day, especially during fall foliage. I would highly recommend you put a trip with this cruise line on your travel bucket list!!

Like Cruising on Your Friend's Yacht

Grande Mariner Cruise Review by misssomerset

• Sail Date: March 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

misssomerset’s Full Rating Summary
Get Blount Small Ship Adventures Grande Mariner price drops

Cabin 54A
The cabins are small yet extremely comfortable. Plenty of storage space for luggage underneath the beds. There was also plenty of closet space. My room had a private bath and shower. Beds were very comfortable and there was an air conditioning unit which allowed me to keep my room a temperature I was comfortable with.