3. Celebrity Equinox
Excellent ship and destinations and the arrangements all seemed to go smoothly. Our problem was service which was erratic and sometimes plain rude and unhelpful. Many staff were exceptional such as our waitress at dinner-but try getting good service on the customer desk-service with a scowl every time. I get the impression that Celebrity is on a savings drive. Our friends in a normal cabin did not get more than one shampoo etc all week and were told this was standard. They were so annoyed they may never use Celebrity again-save a few pennies, lose two great customers. Mmmmmmmmm. Our Aqua was OK, we rarely got all our extras without asking and the Aqua restaurant had such a horrid, fussy menu we didn't eat there. The Cruise Daily paper was often so wrong that you couldn't trust it. Portions at dinner are tiny and have been reduced since we travelled last year. It's good food but I don't want to leave the dining room hungry, which I did. Some of the corporate fun things have gone such as the dining room towel display-Celebrity seems to be trying to go upmarket whilst reducing the dress codes-mixed messages. On deck, no action was taken against people leaving towels on much sought after beds and going off for hours. Few drinks staff patrolling or cleaning up. There was a lot of good things on this cruise and we did enjoy but I felt that this was an unhappy staff, maybe they are facing changes but something is not right and overall I would say that it didn't inspire loyalty and not great value for money compared so some lines.

Great Ship, Good Places; Service and Delivery Problems All Over the Place

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by mankypants

mankypants’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 11256
Very nice, clean etc but really nothing remarkable compared to the standard cabin. Balcony was good size. Storage only just about OK. The Aqua extras are variable-access to the Persian Garden is good and nearby. The 'touches' in the cabin are nothing to get excited about and delivery of canapes was variable. No ice, that was annoying. Two bottle of free 'champagne' but it was horrible, undrinkable plonk. The Aqua restaurant has a small menu which was a mixture of the challenging and dull though they did a nice breakfast. Apart from access to the spa, really not worth the extra expense
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins