3. Oasis of the Seas
I'm a Crown & Anchor Gold member, which at this point it counts for nothing. With the new system, Gold members are NOT recognized at all. All you get is a letter advising you of discounts. The Oasis is a beautiful ship with lots of venues such as a boardwalk, aqua theater, zip line, flowrider, wall climbing, central park, ice skating ring, etc. The down side is that these venues are closed on ports of call. So if you choose to stay oboard you have limited choices. Avoid St. Martin by all means. It's filthy, the islanders are really pushy, if you go to the beach you will be harassed by local vendors to exhaustion, the shore excursion RC offers called "St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous" was terrible. The tour reps are rude, have no common sense (force us to stand in line in the pouring rain) which made the bus ride uncomfortable in our soaking clothes and freezing A/C. Ate lunch at the Kakao Beach restaurant in Orient Beach, the waiting staff is rude, treat you like an annoyance, never came back to check on us. You have limited time in San Juan, Puerto Rico (4 hours). I will never do the Eastern Caribbean route again. I have had a better experience in the Western Caribbean which includes Cozumel; Mexico really knows customer service and the locals at restaurants and bars understand and speak English. You can't understand a word in the Caribbean and they get upset about it. Bought the Premium beverage package, it was worth the cost, but did not get the soda cup had to request it three times, the pizzeria never carried bottled water, the food quality at the Windjammer was subpar, the reservation experience at the My Time Dining was the worst - we went three times and they never had our table reserved or ready. The second time we went to the dining room since our table was not ready, they had us walk to the 4th floor for a table. The third time, we were assigned a table right next to the waiter's station so we were literally on their way, so we asked to be seated elsewhere. The hostess took us to another table which was not ready so we were asked to wait. Since they were not going to clean it, she asked us to walk to another section. The waiter took a long time to acknowledge us. When he finally did he said "what is the confusion with the menu". There was no confusion, we were just waiting for him! I asked for a Pellegrino, they charged for it (even though a had the Premium beverage package). The maitre d' asked the waiter to cancel the charge, he did not. Had to called Guest Services to ask them to remove the charge (but had the wait 30 minutes on hold to get through). I always prepay the gratuities, but this time I felt it was not correctly distributed. After all the hassle in the main dining room, we didn't go back. The zip line is fun, however the waiting time is ridiculous. It was opened at 1:00 and there were 3 staff to prepare you. All of a sudden only 1 staff person was left and it made the waiting time 2 hours! Overall, I like the ship a lot and the shows, but the customer experience was not what I expected. Particularly the staff does not understand English, the food was subpar and the shore excursion was a nightmare. Choose another part of the Caribbean to visit.

Nice Ship; Shore Excursion a Nightmare!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by lovesunandfun16

lovesunandfun16’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Surprisingly nice space, it didn't feel cramped!
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Labadee
    RC provides you with a nice bbq lunch. I did not like the beach as it has a lot of rocks, so make sure you wear shoes.
    View All 1,818 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    Enjoyed local food (pasteles and sangria) at "El Jibarito" restaurant. Also tried the mofongo (plantains and churrasco) at "Las Raices". Very nice culinary experience at both places. Great customer service!
    View All 3,855 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    From the beginning it started wrong: the ticket showed to meet at station #3. When I got there, I was told to keep walking to the first lamp post which had no sign. We all had to stand in line while the tour rep counted and recounted again and again. I kept seeing the rest of the tours walk by. It started raining heavily and the three tour reps didn’t care at all. Everybody started taking out our towels. When I told the rep we should move out of the rain, she barked at me (literally there is no other way to describe her tone and actions) “let me see your ticket, the tour leaves at 9:30, thank you very much” – in a very sarcastic tone. I told her I did not appreciate her tone and that she was going to get a bad review. And we were kept there in the pouring rain. After 10 minutes, we were told to walk to the buses. Right in front of the buses, there were roofs where we could have waited instead of been in the rain. Obviously, when we got in the bus the air conditioning made us freeze in our wet clothes, and the towels were soaked too. So, we were shivering throughout the whole 30 minute drive to the beach. Even the tour rep Vilma said she was freezing. All this could have been avoided with a little common sense from the tour rep who took her name tag off (the tour was on July 5, 2016 and it was not Vilma, nor the young tour rep).
    At the beach, the tour reps just sat on the bar and were more interested in selling the spa service, instead of telling us what to do with the lunch tickets. When I asked the waiter, he said “I don’t know, go ask the woman in the yellow shirt”. The food was cold, waitress never came back to offer another drink, it was like we were an annoyance to them.
    At the end of the tour, Vilma kept asking for tips for her and Charlie for like 5 minutes saying it was not included in the tour and extending the bucket when you got off the bus. It was not the relaxing experience a the beach I had envisioned.