3. Norwegian Getaway
Aside from the Norwegian Getaway, I've been on five other cruises. 1 Disney, 3 Royal Caribbean, 1 Carnival. This cruise line definitely ranks up there with the Royal Caribbean however I think I would still rank Royal Caribbean in front of Norwegian. The main reason for this would be customer service. On a Royal Caribbean cruise, you actually meet and build a relationship with your room steward. On this Norwegian cruise, I think there were several people servicing the room but I only saw them once. This being said, the room was well taken care of and we had no complaints. The workers on Norwegian just weren't as cheery and polite as the Royal Caribbean however they got the job done. I'd even say that a few were pretty rude. The ship truly was amazing! It is very well taken care of, clean and modern. I loved it! It didn't have a huge promenade area like some of the Royal Caribbean ships that I've been on but because of that I this boat had more cool areas to explore. We booked our cruise late and didn't have a great choice of cabin therefore had to settle for two interior cabins. They were small with little storage but the bathrooms were a decent size. Next time I would upgrade our rooms. I really liked how Norwegian did the freestyle dining with several complimentary dining rooms. It was a smaller more elegant feel than the HUGE royal Caribbean main dining room. I have no complaints about the food. It was really good but I think the menu was more limited than the Royal Caribbean menu. The buffet always had a wide variety of options. As for the entertainment, Burn the Floor was incredible!! We unfortunately didn't get to catch the Million Dollar Quartet. I was bummed that the magic show was an additional $29 a person. Just too much $$ when you have a party of 7. There were constant activities taking place all over the boat and we were never bored. We had all 5 of our kids with us therefore we didn't get to really explore the "adult areas" which looked really amazing. However, there were a ton of activities for the kids. The rope course was a blast!! The older kids made a ton of friends in the teen club (Entourage) and we basically didn't see them after 4pm. The middle two kids wouldn't check out the Splash Academy and we never took the baby (17 mo) to the Guppies playroom. The pool is really weird. When I saw the "main pool" I couldn't believe how small it was. It does have a large ledge area, which is usually where everyone hangs out anyway but the pools are very small. There seemed to be plenty of sunning areas and we never had an issue getting loungers. Norwegian offers a free app called iconcierge which was great to look up activities. Through this app, you could also text others on the boat but it was an additional $14.99 per phone. On the phone, prior to the cruise, I was told it was only $7/ per phone. Regardless, with the kids, having the ability to text was invaluable so that we could keep track of their location. $14.99 was a bit steep though. The ports were what I expected. We had limited choices for excursions due to the baby but we had a good time regardless. We did the private island / Snorkel and lunch in Honduras. This was a great little island with a lot of animals. Food was blah. The snorkeling was great although it cost an extra $25/pp. We went to the waterpark (Maya the Lost Ruins) in Costa Maya. What a cool place!! All the kids loved it. The park was fairly empty and there was a lot to do. My only two complaints was that the food setup sucked and the water in the pool and lazy river did not look clean. All in all, I would definitely recommend this cruise to others but maybe check to see if Royal Caribbean offers a comparable cruise first.

If you could combine Royal Caribbean's service with this boat it would be perfect.

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by JLO_1212

JLO_1212’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IB 12623
Small but what I expected. Not a lot of storage. Nice sized bathrooms. BRING CONDITIONER!
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins