3. Carnival Vista
I travelled with my wife, 5 year old son and 81 year old mother in law so I was worried that it would be hard to find a cruise to suit the needs of such a mixed group. My worries were unfounded. The cabins were very nice and fairly spacious. The staff attending to the rooms were incredibly hard working and polite. I can't thank them enough. The whole family loved the towel animals that would be left in the room each evening.. My 5 year old loved the kids club and basically wanted to go every day. This was great as it gave us plenty of free time to relax. This was worth the money alone and the kids club team were amazing. It also provided an opportunity for my son to mix with the other kids on-board and make new friends. They also run a late night kids club from 10 pm - 1 am) although this does incur a modest fee whereas the main kids club is free. You can even leave your kids on the ship while you enjoy an excursion. If parents are off on an excursion the kids get to eat meals with the kids club team. The food on board was excellent. The main dinning room provided an upmarket experience and I found the food and service to be consistently high most nights. The buffet restaurant was also excellent throughout. The poolside food joints such as Guys Burger Bar were also very good. My wife is a vegetarian and she was well catered for and also thought the standard was high. The ship had a good selection of pools. Perhaps slightly small when busy but as someone who loves having a swim I was more than satisfied. The kids water park was amazing and my son absolutely loved it. We tried out all of the flumes and had a real blast together. The ropes course and sky ride were both nice additions although I would have preferred to have a climbing wall. The only area where I'd possible mark down the actual ship experience was the night time entertainment. Compared to NCL I felt that Carnival hadn't really put the same level of effort into it's entertainment. There was still plenty to entertain guests including some good live bands. It's really a very minor criticism and actually in no way had any impact on my time aboard. The excursions were a bit of a let down though. Over priced and too busy. I'm not going to mark down the review for this as I think this is a problem common to all cruises. Embankment was a long process but I felt that the staff did a very good job of keeping everything running in an orderly fashion. Disembarkation was fast and smooth although I advice against paying for the Carnival Airport Transfer. There's plenty of Taxi Cabs available at the port at a far more reasonable rate. Overall we had an amazing time. If you are looking for a multi-generational cruise then Carnival Vista is well worth considering.

Carnival Vista offers a great cruise for multi-generational families.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Superfly1976

Superfly1976’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6L 1457
Spacious cabin (2 occupants) with a massive window. We were on deck one so were just above the sea line. The bath looked a bit small compared to the bath on NCL Norwegian Gem. Good selection of TV channels and the room was well maintained by the cleaning staff. Plenty of storage space for two people, however I can imagine that if the room was shared with more people then it would probably be very cramped.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Pompeii Walking Tour
    Over priced, too busy, couldn't hear the tour guide properly even with the earpiece in. Would rather have just walked around and explored on my own. The actual Pompeii site was amazing. Fantastic window into the past.
    View All 471 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    The bus seemed to lack any sort of air conditioning. It was so hot on board we just got off and walked around the city. Also there was no commentary so it was total waste of time and money.Saying that you can ride around on the bus all day and it saves you needing to worry about using public transport.
    View All 66 City Tour Reviews