3. Norwegian Spirit
This was our first cruise and we chose NCL for the freestyle dining and the good recommendations from other cruisers. Cruise critic was an invaluable source of information and the roll call for our cruise enabled me to communicate with other cruisers for tips and advice. I booked some excursions privately and again my choice was based on the excellent reviews I had read online. We had an inside cabin which was spacious and comfortable and being at the front of the ship we heard no noise until we were docking. We were normally out of our room by then but if not we did not find it a problem. The staff on board could not be more helpful and made our stay a wonderful experience. There was plenty of on board entertainment and you could do as much or as little as you wished. You can book a speciality restaurant but we chose to collect a pager and go upstairs for a drink in the Champagne Lounge as the wait was always between 10 and 15 minutes. Our only complaint was that as we booked less than 30 days before sailing, they had stopped the all inclusive drinks package and we found the drinks on board to be extortionate. On speaking to other guests they were all given a free all inclusive drinks package even some who had booked later than us. We have complained about this while on board and would not book with ncl again unless the free drinks package was included. Other than that we had a fantastic holiday, met some wonderful people from all over the world and have a such lovely memories of a very memorable holiday.

NCL Spirit: First Time Cruisers Review

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Pepzee

Pepzee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Our cabin was on the 4th deck at the front of the ship. We found it to be clean and more spacious than we had expected. The bed was large and very comfortable with a compact en suite. There were plenty of hangers and shelves for storage. It was a quiet location which we liked and as we did not spend much time in the room did not find the lack of natural light a problem. There was a safe in the room. Our room steward made towel animals daily apart from the last 4 days when I think he had run out of ideas!
  Norwegian Spirit Deck Plans