A Great Initial Voyage on the Sirena: Sirena Cruise Review by sanmyn

A Great Initial Voyage on the Sirena

Sail Date: June 2016
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)
I was looking forward to the Sirena. I have sailed on the other three R Ships of the line.

I was NOT disappointed. I booked solo in a consierge cabin on the seven deck. The same room I always get on the other ships. Perfect for one and a terrific staff.

Food was marvelous at all meals. I ate many times on this cruise in the MDR. The waiter I settled on was "Spike" who provided outstanding service and really looked out after me.

I finally let him order all of my dinners. He made my trip really special.

Entertainment was good for a small ship. Pianist in bar was excellent.

I arranged my own tours, many just outside the port. I joined up with small groups of independents and we all had fun.

Ninth Deck Buffet was always delicious with a nice choice of entrees. Two nights the ship offered a "fish feed" on the aft deck with locally caught seafood. What a treat to enjoy the fresh mussels & clams and the delightful More boneless fish filets.

The homemade ice creams were superb as were the deserts. Milkshakes whirled to order at the Wave near the pool.

Gym treadmills were new and so nice to run looking out at the sea.

An excellent cruise on perfect size ships from A to Z. Oh yes, and a great collection of friendly people who you could meet easily by switching around tables in the MDR.

I look forward to another fun cruise with Oceania.

An American from San Francisco....... Less

Published 07/14/16

Cabin review: A17087 Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

R Ship cabins are small but with adequate storage and divine beds. Good desk and comfortable couch. Baths are small but worked out well. Wonderful outside deck.

Read All Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom (A1) Reviews >>

69 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X