3. Diamond Princess
I would have to say this was hands down the worst cruise my husband and I have ever been on. My husband summed it up best by saying it was extremely underwhelming. The ship itself was pretty good, it's an older ship and could use to be updated but overall it seamed well kept. The service from the crew on the other hand was awful. It seemed like they went out of their way to be unhelpful. I'll start with our dining experience. We spent the first night at Sterling Steakhouse which was really good and service was excellent. The next night we went to our assigned dining room. We soon found out they had set the 3 of us (my husband, 2 year old son, and I) at a table for 6 with 4 other people. Leaving us scrambling to find a 7th seat, while the maitre'D was unhelpful and seemed to be blaming the head waiter for the mix up. The next night when we came in the table was still only set for 6. By the 4th night of our 5 night cruise they had finally fixed the problem and when we came in there were 7 seats at the table. The food in the dining room was less than spectacular, most nights nothing on the menu seemed all that appealing. The food on the buffet was also not very good. The last night we ate at the Crab Shack. We had previously dined at it on the Golden Princess back in February and had loved it. On the Diamond it is apparently located at the front on one side of the buffet dining room. It took us a while to find it, there were no signs up for it, the only why we found it was because we recognized the uniforms of the servers from our previous cruise. From the moment we set down everything felt very disorganized. When we ordered we tried to order our 2 year old a kid's meal. The waiter looked at us with a blank stare, like we had just asked for something crazy, and went to talk to the maitre'D about our request. The maitre'D then came over and offered to get him something from the buffet. A little confused we agreed. Quite a while later he came back with a plate of fruit for our son, most of which were things my son wouldn't eat. (For perspective, the Stirling Steakhouse is in the back of the same dinning room and they did not hesitate to bring him a kids meal when we ate there.) The soup was called Manhattan Clam chowder but was more of a vegetable soup. My husband and I ordered the king crab bucket. On the menu it was described as king crab legs and peel and eat shrimp. When it came there were 2 king crab legs and a whole bunch of muscles and clams. Since I was not wanting clams I asked the waiter about it and got the same blank expression I did about the kids meal. So when the maitre'D came back around I asked him. I saw him and some of the waiters looking at the menu and then he went back to the kitchen. He came by our table and said they would bring out some shrimp for us with on other explanation about the mix up. Overall the food wasn't very good and the service was terrible. Definitely not worth the extra money! We did however find excellent service at the Sterling Steakhouse and Sabatini's. We were in a suite so we got to eat breakfast at Sabatini's. The maitre'D there was absolutely fabulous! The picture area was extremely disorganized. On the last night, I know that can be a busy time but it was not all that crowded at the time, we were trying to find some of our pictures and couldn't. My husband asked the man working the counter for help and he pointed my husband to a section that was clearly wrong. After looking a while longer I asked another staff member for help, he actually attempted to help me but the section was so disorganized he told me to just have the person at the counter reprint them. So I waited in line until the guy who had been so unhelpful to my husband could "help" me. He would't, I told him what was going on and what the other man had said and he said he could not reprint them unless I had ordered them and would not help me find a way to see them. I finally just walked away having not seen my photos and not buying the ones I was intended to buy. Usually leaving a ship is the hardest part of the cruise but I was more that ready to get off of this boat. Overall our experience on this ship has left us not wanting to take another Princess cruise anytime soon.

Terrible Service