3. Carnival Freedom
I chose this cruise because the dates matched when we could travel. This cruise exceeded my expectations in most areas. Food: The food was exceptional. We did the Chef's Table experience, and it was truly memorable. We enjoyed meeting Chef Panda and Sous Chef Rebel. The kitchen tour showed how hard the Carnival staff works to make your dining experience the best possible.The dining room staff was attentive. They put on a great show each evening. Delicious prime rib, desserts, and wine service. The kale salad was perfect. Loved the escargot and steamed mussels. The American Table menu provided some Caribbean dishes such as paella to highlight the countries we visited. My only suggestion would be to bring back the tablecloths at every evening meal, not only the elegant nights. Wine: I purchased the deluxe wine package (5 bottles). Carnival seated us with some other diners who had similar interests and experiences. I shared the wine with them, and they reciprocated by buying a bottle for the table as well. We tried different wines each night. I am glad I did purchase the package because it was a good value and provided a common point for us to discuss. It definitely got the conversation going! Thankfully, they were all wine people. Stateroom: We chose an interior stateroom on deck 10. It was hard to walk around the beds, but it was a very clean and functional cabin. Linens were great. There was a mini-fridge in the room. It was stocked with things you can purchase such as small bottles of liquor and mixers. It was good because you could mix up a drink and then carry it around without paying a gratuity at the bar. Nice-smelling soap and shampoo! The stewards were excellent, creating towel art and keeping our ice bucket filled up. Activities off-Ship: Excursions were well-planned, interesting, and fun. We came back with many pictures. We chose the cheapest, simplest excursions offered by Carnival such as a bus tour and a beach day. Activities on-ship: We frequented the casino, the comedy club, and the Serenity deck hot tubs. We also sunned and swam on the Lido. I went down the water slide one time. It was fun and easy. The Welcome Aboard and other lounge shows were not as glamorous as those on the Carnival Triumph. The casino was very smoky. Carnival needs to stop the smoking in there. However, the casino staff was wonderful. Loved the Serenity Deck and the lounge hammocks/nooks for couples. Itinerary: I recommend this itinerary. The Bahamas are a great place to go, and Key West is a hidden gem of Florida. Do not miss it.

Summer Cruise to the Bahamas 2016