3. Freedom of the Seas
This was our first cruise and we chose Royal Caribbean because my husband's grandparents went on over 50 cruises and this was their favorite cruise line. We can see why!! We were on the Freedom and absolutely loved it. The ship was the perfect size. Our favorite spot was the solarium. We were almost always able to snag some seats in the shade (the pool chairs were really comfy), and we spent a lot of time there reading, drinking, and napping. The solarium was nice and quiet (the main pool was always pretty loud), so we enjoyed relaxing there. The solarium pool bar was right next to the pool so it was really convenient. The pool itself was a good size and had some underwater chairs and a table so you could easily sit in the pool with a drink and just enjoy yourself. We booked a balcony room, and we really enjoyed having the balcony and being able to sit outside at night. We will always book a room with a balcony - totally worth the money! We spent a lot of time at the pub (the live music they had was always a really nice way to end the day), and the drinks were great. The food was amazing, as per usual on Royal Caribbean. This being our first cruise, we tried out Sabra. We didn't like it - so we promptly cancelled the next specialty restaurant we had reserved. We ate the remainder of the nights in the main dining. The main dining is fantastic - we had a great server who informed us that we could order 3 or 4 main dishes and desserts if we wanted. We didn't realize you could do that, but it was great to try a few different dishes if we were unable to decided what we wanted to eat. Let's just say, I think I gained 20 pounds on the cruise haha. The food is always one of my favorite aspects. The entertainment was fantastic. We loved the shows - and we loved how we could look at the itinerary each day and just decide on a whim what we wanted to do. We really liked the Love and Marriage Game Show (always a classic). The service was also great. I can't say enough good things about the Freedom ship. We tried the Oasis on our next cruise and didn't like it...we'll be sticking with the Freedom class from now on! Perfect size and plenty of activities (even though my husband and I just laid by the pool 90% of the time we were on the ship).

Great Cruise for Any Cruiser

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by MrsHall1108

MrsHall1108’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

• Beach
    We were disappointed with this excursion. On our next cruise we'll be in Cozumel again and we plan on just going to the shopping district. The beach break wasn't great and it was kind of misleading. The beach itself was poor - the excursion included unlimited drinks but they gave you bottom of the barrel kind of stuff. If you wanted premium drinks, you had to pay extra. The resort included a "water park" as well, but it was very disappointing. It had one slide in operating condition, that wasn't great, and two pools. It also included a buffet but since we were in Mexico, we were expecting authentic Mexican food...we were stunned to see spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, and other generic buffet foods. The food wasn't great either. All in all, we were pretty bummed about this excursion and we definitely plan on taking advantage of Cozumel's great shopping next time we're at this port.
  • Horseback Riding
    How many people can say that they went horseback riding through the ocean in Jamaica?? We can! We really liked this excursion. The company, and the employees were great. We took a somewhat long bus ride from the ship to the horse farm but the guide was engaging and kept the trip fun. She was very knowledgeable and informative. The horseback riding was a lot of fun. We started with a dry land ride, then stopped for some really good lunch, and then got back on and went through the water. My husband got pooped on (poor horses can't help it), so definitely watch out for floating turds in the water portion. But, all in all, we really enjoyed it.
    View All 29 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was by far our favorite excursion on this cruise. Grand Cayman was gorgeous! We loved the snorkeling and saw a beautiful reef and some great fish. We made two separate snorkeling stops so we got a lot of time in the water. The boat had some drinks too (you had to pay separately for those), but they were good!
    View All 314 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Ziplining
    We did the coaster and the ziplining. The ziplining was fun but for the money, I wish they let you do it more than once. It was a fun experience for sure (if they tell you no cameras, that's not true. You can bring them). We really enjoyed the coaster too - and for $10 you can take multiple rides. I can't remember if it's $10 per additional ride, or $10 for additional unlimited rides but I liked that you had the option to take additional rides for a less expensive amount. The catered food from the ship at Labadee was good, and we also enjoyed some of the local shopping.
    View All 205 Ziplining Reviews