• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Azamara Quest Review

Editor Rating
84 Awards

First time with Azamara; will not be our last!

Review for Azamara Quest to the Western Mediterranean
gskimmel
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin:

We were on the Athens to Nice sailing and had a great experience. To be honest, I was not expecting to like this cruise and thought many times to cancel. I’m glad I did not. We had a verandah cabin, which is the smallest cabin we’ve ever had. I was expecting a cramped room with little storage but was surprised in how well the cabin was designed. We did not feel cramped at all and had plenty of storage.

The ship was recently refurbished but the refurbishments were mainly inside. You can tell the age of the ship by looking at the outside areas. The outdoor railings definitely needed some TLC. They also need to be a bit more thorough in cleaning the outdoor areas because the windows in the specially restaurants were absolutely filthy.

The food was consistently good to very good. We ate at Aqualina 3 times, Prime C 1 time, and the chef’s table. Prime C was my least favorite as I do not eat meat. As a previous reviewer mentioned, suite guests can eat at the specially restaurants for free but you cannot expect to just show up and be seated. You need to make reservations ahead of time like everyone else. Also, unlike other cruises where I'm sick of eating the same food for breakfast over and over again, I did not experience this at all on the Quest. They have a rotating buffet menu that provides sufficient buffer time before repeating dishes.

Find an Azamara Quest Cruise from $1,139