3. Grand Celebration
I personally wasn't expecting a lot because we are spoiled from the larger cruise lines that we have traveled in the past but this trip was put together by my sister in-law who has stage 4 cancer and it was on her Bucket List to go on a cruise ship for her first time.. The issue with jumping through the hoops to get the tickets from the supposed 90 min time share deal was so disappointing. We were up front and honest about why we were at Vacation Village .. booked for this ship and that we were not buying. ..4 hours and 53 min later they finally gave up the vouchers. So we get to the cruise terminal, valet parked for 18 bucks a day...was told 14 bucks over the phone.. No big deal. Used Handicap line to check in. The lady that did our check in messed up the tickets 3 times. It took 1 hour and 24 min to check 4 people on the cruise. GET A PASSPORT....it will save you time getting on and off. So..got aboard and went straight for the ice cream!! I remembered the ship when it was at Carnival so getting around for the wife and I was easy. Was kind of sad that the condition of the ship was just not up to par. You can see the wear from the usage it has had for all the years. Got to say though.. All the staff that we had contact with gets a A+++.. Absolutely no complaints...as well as the food.. I thought it was great. They can afford larger cups I think for the cash they get.. The free drinks were limited ..water apple.. orange juice..or something that had the flavor of apple and orange... The Tea wasn't to bad for being pumped in.. Had the typical bar drinks.. They didn't have much in the way of beer choices.. I don't drink lite beer and only like a few mixed .. Over all the ship was clean..just rusting and the wood teak is splintering. They could have more activities for kids. The game room had only 6 or so games. Kids were running pretty wild all over the ship.....which I am not knocking cause my kids had the same fun when they were that age..but I didn't let them just be wild. An now they are both over 18 ... Rooms were clean. only 1 US plug in so take a strip with you if you go on this ..what I call "Taxi Ride" to Freeport. The TV...well..lets just say THEY SUX.. 5 channels only...and old tech TV's.. I wanted to use the HDMi cable from my phone to play some movies but the TV was from the 80's it seemed like. Hard beds. My A/C vent was screwed up. Had to call for someone to fix it and after the 5th time, they showed up. The vent was held in with 2 drywall screws and there was very little air flow. That's because my room was last on the A/C line....but my son'\s room next to us was connected to the Kitchen. He had perfect A/C.. They gave us a fan so that was better Entertainment was great. The Casino was so small though... like only 25 or so slots...TIGHT slots I should say.. even the 1 cent slots were tight. Only saw 1 jackpot of 450 bucks...The table games were great. Good looking lady's dealing. I did find that most of the men dealers...not while they have a game going..seemed aggravated if you ask them how to play the game.. I passed those tables up.. They should give free WiFi.. The computer area they have..I never saw the first person using them.. Wasted space for sure. In Freeport.. Was my first ..and Last time there. There is nothing..even the shore excursions were kinda lame. My kids did 4 wheeling ..we did Grand Lucayan..and friends we met did snorkling ..4 wheelers were crap they said.. Guide was ok..took forever to get from port to destination ..Same with just going to Grand Lucayan Resort...Best part of that portion of out trip was the bus driver.. He was funny... Gave him a 20 dollar tip for the long drive to nowhere.. The market place was just like every Flea Market here in the states but with more colors.. Coming back was pleasant.. Pretty smooth ride for sure. Again entertainment and staff were great. At port this morning....a Zoo.. GET A PASSPORT like I mentioned.. I had mine but the wife and kids had expired so they had to use birth certificates. That Birth Certificate line took 2 hours. Only took 5 min to get the car.. Bottom line.. Old Boat...Old Port of Call.. Old standing in line for getting on and off. Old going through a timeshare speel... No need to ever go back to Freeport....But the main deal was for the sister in-law with her health issues.. We made it through with minimal drama about our stay and made sure he had a smile on her face for that will most likely be the last cruise she will ever be able to take.. I think I will see about a 7 day trip with her on Allure or Oasis.. Love those ships.. Hopefully she will still be with us..

Tha Bucket List for Sis in-law

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by rbdickson@gmail.com

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

GET A PASSPORT....it will save you time getting on and off.

rbdickson@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin r131
4th floor close to elevator and deck 10 food was right as you got off elevator. Crap A/C..Crap TV.. Hard Bed....2 towels