3. Radiance of the Seas
This Alaska cruise was part of a package with a travel agent who set up a geocaching tour of Alaska, so I did not have a choice of the time or ship. My family had a great time on the ship. I did a lot of reading before the cruise about the ship, its' offerings, and the ports. Again, it comes down to what you are looking for and how picky you want to be. We had a ocean view cabin that was clean and tidy, yes the bathroom had a occasional sewage stink, but we brought a room freshener that took care of it quickly. There was three of us with seven pieces of luggage. We were able the unpack all of our items and stow the luggage under the bed without problem. Percy, our room stewart, kept everything in line and remembered all I asked out of him in the beginning of the cruise. He was great. Rest of the ship was clean and very presentable, There was an occasional worn chair or sofa, but nothing that would effect me being in that area. The only reason I did not give 5 star was for the following. On the online pre-cruise I purchased 5 night specialty dinning package for $100 per person. This gave us 5 nights at the specialty dinning restaurants which on line showed us Samba, Izumi, chops grille, Giovanni's, and chefs table as choices. When I got on board, I was told that Chefs table was not a choice and it would cost extra to eat there. After talking with several people up the chain of command, I finally talked with the head of Dinning and he also gave me the same run around. After I showed him the site which had Chef's table listed, he told me "how am I to make any money at that price?" Well I figured this was futile and no one was going to budge on this and I was not going to let this ruin my day. Later that night we were dinning, and he came to our table and offered a $50 onboard credit for my inconvenience. That was the end of that, next time I will get it in writing what is available. The dinning restaurants were great and worth the extra for them. We only ate dinner in the main dinning room once, and that was OK. We ate our breakfast in Windjammer and that was good. It gave us everything we needed to get ready for the day. Lunch was on shore most of the days. We ate in the main dinning room for two lunches and we did like that also. I also used room service nightly for hot chocolate chip cookies and milk....UMMMM. We took advantage of a drink package and this was great with no surpise end of cruise bill. We did get our moneys worth daily. We also signed up for the internet package. This was slow to spotty at times. Skagway we did not have any wifi. Really not worth the price. Very slow to upload pictures, this became very frustrating. My wife frequented the casino nightly and did come home with more money than she spent!!!! We did not go to the shows, just other things going on we wanted to do. Our son, 11yo, enjoyed their kids area. He spent most of his free time there with others his age. He also spent a lot of time in the arcade, spending our on ship credit. Our trip was planned by a travel agent, so our on shore excursions were private tours for our group only. This was very nice, small group and not hurried with our own time in town. Embarkation was quick and smooth, our luggage showed up within a hour. Disemarkation was little more hectic, We were corralled into a louge area and waited, then we were off loaded to find our luggage, then moved into different lines to wait for our bus. I don't know how to do it better but this was not how I would like to leave the ship.

Time on the Radiance of the Sea in Alaska

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by weebles64

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

weebles64’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

I liked our cabin, I like where it was. Short walk to the elevators and stairs. No noise from above or the sides. It was accommodating to our needs and had plenty of storage. The occasional sewer smell was taken care of with an air freshener we brought with us.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans