3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
This cruise was a big disappointment. I am a travel agent and have been on several cruise lines and this was my worst experience. I chose this cruise line because I liked the short itinerary and the high level of service they advertise. The service was poor from the time we entered the cruise terminal to check in until we disembarked. We were a group of 8 and 1 gentleman required wheelchair assistance which I specified when I made the booking 3 months ago. He sat and waited for 3 hours for a wheelchair. When he was taken to the special check in line, he had to wait another 25 min. as there were people in the line who did not need special assistance. The whole time he was there, there was no water for him or anyone else to drink. The other 6 of us checked in in less time, but we were in a long line as many of the stations were not open. My friends were at a station where the camera was broken and the machine to scan their credit cards was not working. We had numerous problems over the next 5 days. On one evening, one of our cabins was not made up by 5:30 when my friends went to it to dress for the formal evening. We had condensation dripping on us and the table from the ceiling tiles while we were having lunch. Seems like a health problem to me if it dripped onto our food. 2 of the special elevators for handicapped people were broken during most of the cruise. I know of at least 2 chairs which were broken in the planetarium. One night our fish for dinner was so salty we couldn't eat it.The day we had to have our passports checked was a circus. The line went down the hall, made a big circle and then went back down the hall again with people cutting in front of those who had been on line for at least 30 min. When we went to the pursers desk to arrange disembarkation so we would not have to wait 3 hours for a wheelchair we were sent from place to place with each place giving us different info. I wrote a letter of complaint to the hotel manager 2 days before we disembarked and asked for a reply. You guessed it, I didn't event get the professional courtesy of a response. So many of the guests to whom I spoke were displeased and dissatisfied. I blame all of this on poor staff training, mismanagement and poor supervision. This is just a snapshot of what happened. I could go on and on. This ship just came out of dry dock where millions of dollars were spent to beautify and up date it, but it doesn't matter if the service is poor. They have to invest more in staffing, management and using modern technology to speed the check in process. I will not be cruising on or recommending this ship to anyone that I know.

Queen Mary 2 is a BIG disappointment!!

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by cruisingelizabeth

cruisingelizabeth’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, obstructed view
Cabin DB 5159
The cabin was fine. It was a sheltered balcony but we could see out with no problems. The cabin was a decent size with good size storage.
Deck 8 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Trolley Tour
    Trolley very hot and tour guide had an annoying voice which I blocked out after awhile.
    View All 36 Trolley Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Interesting tour which combined walking and riding bus with a good tour guide. Visited the public gardens and the citadel. Too much free time
    View All 49 City Tour Reviews