American Queen Cruise Review

Fantastic Cruise, Horrendous Pre Cruise Hotel!!

American Queen Cruise Review by PaulaJP

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: the USA

This is our second cruise with The American Steamboat Company, the first was on the Amercian Empress, now this one of the American Queen. These are the best cruises I have ever been on as far as food quality, relaxation, attitude of staff and surroundings. Bioth are small vessels... the American Queen holsd around 400 passengers and the American Empress around 300. We stayed in a cabin with a private balcony, which had a bathtub/shower combo. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on with nice quality linens. We requested coffee service every mornig at 7:30 and were never once disappointed. I would not reallu recommend this trip for chiuldre, teenagers or hyper people who must keep busy, as that is not what this trip is about. My husband and I are in our early 60's and we were the "youngins'". I highly recommend this cruise! The only negative I have was the hotel we stayed in prior to the cruise, The Downtown Sheradin, was horrendous!!! If required to stay there before another cruise, I would not go.....

PaulaJP's Full Rating Summary

Cabin AA 341

Private balcony cabin suited our personality well....did not want people walking around while I was trying to enjoy the view.

PaulaJP