3. Amsterdam
An Alaska cruise has been on my bucket list for a while. We chose this cruise on a whim due to a sale and booked 30 days out, so we got quite the deal on price. The trip was better than I could have imagined. The scenery of mountains, glaciers, and lush forests was amazing. One of the highlights was all the whales we saw simply from the deck of the ship nearly every day. This even included seeing humpbacks doing full breaches right in front of us! The service was incredible and the staff always seemed genuinely happy and helpful. The food was good and I always found something d enjoy eating, from omelettes and waffles for breakfast, burgers for lunch on the Lido, meat carvings, salmon, steak and lobster and more. Oh and the desserts were incredible! The Amsterdam singers and dancers were quite talented. May not have been the awe of a Broadway show, but their shows were still good and showcased the dancers talent.

Incredible Alaskan Bucket List Cruise with HAL

Jason82’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin DA
Cabin was comfortable and spacious. Plenty of closet space for hanging our clothes.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins