3. Carnival Vista
Thought it would be great to sail on the newest Carnival "Flagship" This would be our 4th Carnival Cruise and 6th Cruise overall. The Good: Cabins were nice, clean and the Room Steward we had was absolutely terrific. Chef's Table was great as usual (3rd time for us). Imax was great and the Skyride a lot of fun (save that it wasn't open much or when it was, the line was an hour or more). The Average: The ship was a little disappointing. We expected that it would be spectacular as the newest ship in the Carnival fleet. It was not, however. In fact, we thought that some of the new design features were a little flawed. Losing the glass elevators, for example, was clearly such a flaw, making it more difficult and cumbersome to move between decks. This was replaced with a two story frosted glass stairwell that was uninspiring in all of its aspects. It wasn't curved or fancy...just plain as can be. The Bad; Service was atrocious outside of the restaurants. I was on the ship a full seven days before anyone came to me and asked if I wanted a drink. On the Lido deck it happened only once. All of the other times I had to trot to the bar and stand in line. At one of the bars one evening, I waited a full 15 minutes for a drink, as there was only one bartender working while we all lined up. I have never experienced this before on a Carnival ship. The excursions were alright until they ushered you into some stupid sales pitch for carpets or what have you, This is totally unacceptable when you have already paid top dollar. I don't want to buy a carpet or furniture or a bloody timeshare for that matter. The dangerous: Really watch your step passing between various parts of the ship where they have tracks on the floor (presumably to be able to seal off sections). These stick up about an inch and every second person I saw tripped on these at least once. They need to be properly identified or marked. Lawsuit waiting to happen. The stupid: Cruise Director Matt constantly babbling on over the load speakers at the crack of dawn and at every stop.

Not as good as we hoped.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Lylehoff