3. Amsterdam
My cruise rating was average for a few reasons, but first I'd like to write about the positives... Pros *Easiest embarkation and disembarkation ever and I've been on 13 cruises prior to this one. *Getting to and from the ship was also among the easiest ever. We used Lyft as our means to and from the airport to the hotel and then to the port. It was extremely reasonable. *Unlike prior cruises they did not hound you to have your picture taken. *Unlike prior cruises they bar servers did not hound you about drinks. There were a time or two, we had to go to the bar for service, but that was okay by us. *The ventriloquist comedian was absolutely phenomenal. *The food was really good on the lido deck and the servers were very gracious. *The ship was smaller than expected, but it was very clean and easy to navigate. *The sites of Alaska were absolutely amazing and we only had one day of a little rain which was in Ketchikan. The rain and wind kept us from doing a plane ride that we had planned for one of our excursions. *We visited George Inlet Lodge for all you can eat crab....and it was well worth it!!! *We also visited the Mendenhall Glacier, but we really didn't need to pay for this excursion because the ship took us by Hubbard Glacier which is so much more to see and it was part of the cruise. But, if you like waterfalls, the Mendenhall Glacier excursion allows you to see Nugget Falls while in Juneau. Cons *We stayed in Cabin 3377, which was on a great deck, easy to access the elevators, and had a nice view out of the window....BUT, it was the noisiest cabin I've ever been in...from the hours of approximately 9 am - 5-6 pm, it was almost impossible to take a nap without the tv on, so I apologize to our neighbors. It was like they were continuously moving furniture and dropping things. We really considered on the 2nd day, complaining, but we didn't because I was sure there was nothing to be done about it. *We knew going on the cruise that most of the guests would be older than us by 15-25 years...we are 49 and 50 so we expected things to be a little different but we got really bored on the days at sea. *HAC needs to have some type of entertainment - live music of some of some sort during the day. It would have been nice just hearing someone play the guitar and sing while out on the lido deck. All in all our experience was pretty good....the reason for the average rating is because of our cabin noise and being so bored during the day.....so bored that we put together a puzzle....not that I don't like puzzles.....but......

Holland America Amsterdam 7 day Alaskan Cruise

Amsterdam Cruise Review by fussellk

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)

Pros

*Unlike prior cruises they did not hound you to have your picture taken.

*The ventriloquist comedian was absolutely phenomenal.

*The food was really good on the lido deck and the servers were very gracious.

Cons

fussellk’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Cabin DD 3377
noisy.....very very noisy during the day
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins