3. Emerald Princess
In cabin D606 the paper is pealing off the wall, the fridge door is hanging off its hinges. This is a ship that is need of an serious update. 3 star is the maximum I would give it. Drinks are very overpriced,$29 for a Reisling, that can be got in Tesco for £8.00. Campari was $6 a shot plus $2.30 for a tonic. You have to pay for water, $5.95 for a 1.5 ltr bottle Plus 15% gratuity. WIFI prices way over the top. $42.00 for an hour. Absolutely disgusting prices. Plastic plates, cups and glasses in Horizon self service. Awful 'free' tea and coffee, nice orange juice a lemonade but only available breakfast and lunch times. Poor food in Horizon, always luke warm or cold, no hot meals at all. Steak and kidney pie and Lancashire Hot Pot with a tomato sweet base, how many English do that. They need chefs on board that know how to cook proper foods. Rice pudding, baked apples, bread and butter pudding, available at breakfast, but not at lunch time as a desert, Crazy. The 'Speciality' eating venues way overpriced, $58 for my wife and myself to have a steak, good job it was our 55th wedding anniversary otherwise I would have walked out. The trips of the Emerald Princess very expensive, it is far, far, cheaper getting the trip ashore or booking on line at the local tour company. For example we wanted to go the Cathederal. which was closed as Queen Julianna was celebrating her 25th year. Princess line wanted $110 each, we got a cab from the dock to the Cathederal and returned for £24. On a return trip from the North Cape we had to stand for 30 minutes in line to board the vessel,as only one gangway was in use for those passengers disembarking and those wishing to board, WHY? We are both 75 years old, with a temperature of 6C and an even colder chill factor due to the wind, we froze. I told the girl at Passenger Services would she allow her grandad to stay out in those conditions? of course she wouldn't, so why did they not open another gangway? The staff were very good, the shows excellent. They always want you to buy something , it is relentless the tricks they use to get you to part with your money. Embarkation and debarking were very good, as long as you had a disability, other than that the lines to check in were huge. I expected for £5,00.00 for us two, far, far better. Would I use Princess Line again? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Give Princess Cruises a miss.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Geoff Devon

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Geoff Devon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D606
Paper coming away from walls. Fridge door loose and broken hinge. No nice cream or soaps, very cheap washing jell and hair shampoo over the bath . You had to ask for a shower cap, can you really believe that? Cheap and nasty is the only impression I got.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins