Carnival Splendor Cruise Review

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by kislips007

• Sail Date: Jan 2009
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I will never cruise on Carnival again! This was my 56th cruise, 8th on Carnival. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Illness, running out of food staples, to misinformation provided by the crew-it all happened!

The only redeeming quality was the room stewards and wait staff, on the 2nd and 3rd leg. The first leg's wait staff was rude,, insulting and incompetent. Anytime a waiter replies to you, "You rich people with all your money!" One member of our table complained because the waiter never gave us a 2nd glass or water, more bread or the correct order and the waiter argued back with her. He spent his time flirting with two women at a nearby table. However, Geoffrey and Vladimir, more than made up for this on our next legs of the cruise.

The cruise director was a font of misinformation on any subject you could ask him about.

I had promised myself after my last disastrous cruise on the Paradise, when it was still in the Caribbean, that I would never go on a Carnival ship again. I should have kept my promise. On that cruise gangs of young toughs roamed the ship intimidating their fellow passengers-swearing at them and pushing them. I complained and was told, "they are passengers too!"

I believe all Carnival needed to do was ask advice from her fellow cruise ships that had been around the Horn, and she could have avoided most of the flagrant incompetence that we experienced.

I love cruising, but never again on Carnival, not the fun ship but the dumb ship!!

kislips007's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8E 8385

Our 8th deck balcony room was nice but with limited closet space. The balcony was okay. The bed was great.

The noise from the Lido deck above was intolerable. At 12:30 am they would start in washing pots and pans in a metal sink!!!! The noise was terrible. You could hear people walking above and carts being pushed. There was a reason the suites were on the 7th floor.

kislips007