Carnival Triumph Cruise Review
1,431 Reviews

Good if you are looking for a cheap cruise.

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by adamsj87

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Let me start off by telling you, I have been on over 20 cruises and this was by far the most fun I've had on a ship. With that said, Carnival really needs to step it up.

We were on the ship within 45 minutes of arriving at the terminal but it was VERY unorganized. No one knows where to go, there were not enough porters, lack of signage, etc.

I haven't booked an interior room in probably 10 years but that was the only option remaining at the time of our booking. Our room was probably the worst part of the trip. Holes in the wall, broken glass in the mirror, a razor was left behind, lotion on the walls in the bathroom, bed was broken and that is just to name a few. We immediately called guest services about 3 times and they did not have another room to move us to. The housekeeping manager came in and did a deep cleaning and had someone repair the holes in the wall. While that was nice of them, do this on your own time not our vacation time!

Now for the food complaints....no lobster on elegant night? Eliminate elegant night if you aren't going to serve lobster and filet. Isn't that what everyone is most excited for? SUCH BULL!!! This is the first cruise I've been on with terrible food in the MDR. Yikes! So bland, so cold, so gross. Guys Burgers and Red Frog is the only reason we didn't starve. I think we went there every single day.

There were quite a bit of activities on the ship, no way you are going to be bored. The casino was probably one of my favorite parts. We made friends with all of the dealers and although we didn't have great luck, we had a blast. TRIUMPH DID NOT HAVE QUEST :(

I booked this on a casino offer 2 months before the cruise and paid under $90/day. Would I do this ship again? No, but it was worth the price we paid. My advice is to suck it up and pay more for a balcony.

adamsj87's Full Rating Summary