After reading several mixed reviews regarding the Oriana I was a little nervous of what my husband would think as this was his (not mine) first cruise. Well it was great! I honestly don't know what people find to moan about. Yes she is a older lady (the ship) but just the right size for us and the food was excellent. Our cabin (balcony is worth it for us) was nice and clean each day & our steward lovely as were 99% of the staff. We did not see much entertainment as that is not our thing but heard it was good. Some of the carpets are a little worn but the elegance and charm of this ship in the dining esp make up for these little things. The Oriana is having a re-vamp this year anyway.I will say she creaks a little at night and I did know I was at sea unlike some of the bigger ships but not a problem. The drinks are a reasonable cost and they don't mind you bringing a bottle of wine on board to drink in your room (there is a fridge). The only couple of faults we found were the cover charge in the Indian restaurant was a bit steep and as we booked on board by a lady who was drumming up business was not told this so it was a bit of a shock when the chit came for signature, however the food again was faultless. The only other annoying thing was the stern bar area - the seats are taken up by people not having a drink just sitting reading so if you want to just have a drink and chill in the sun there is no room, I think they should be asked to move its a BAR AREA and there are plenty of other seats dotted around the ship. This is also the case if you want to eat lunch outside again not much room. All this said there is not much to not like and we would have happily got straight back on for another 12 nights upon docking back at Southampton.

Nothing to complain about!!! Wonderful time.

Oriana Cruise Review by TinaN

TinaN’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oriana price drops

Suite with Balcony
Cabin AB B249
Very nice cabin with balcony - clean and comfy.
  Oriana Deck Plans