Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

Exceeded every expectation we had and more!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by maggi237

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

our first cruise and we couldn't have chosen a better ship to experience it. The quality of the staff, the cleanliness which was second to none and the attention to detail onboard was astonishing.

We had nothing to compare it to never having sailed before, but have stayed in plenty of high end hotels around the world. This surpassed all of them.

We chose a balcony suite on the 9th floor midship which after some research I learned was the best place to be to avoid too much motion. We never experienced anything but a very slight rocking motion when the ship increased speed overnight on one occasion. Hardly worth a mention to be fair.

The staff all over the ship are outstanding in every single way. Could only fault one sour faced waitress in the main dining room who was curt and verged on being rude. After a complaint was made about her we never saw her at our table again and were presented with a lovely bottle of wine. They couldn't apologise enough.

The food, although not Michelin level, was very nice on all the nights we ate at Opus, the main dining room. A couple of exceptions when it was just ok. We used two speciality restaurants Murano and Lawn Grill. The food and service in Murano is fantastic (maybe a bit too interactive for my liking, but good nonetheless). Fabulous lobster. Lawn Grill had the best fillet steak I have ever eaten. I didn't particularly like drinking my water out of a jam jar but hey ho! I had to ask for a stemmed wine glass when initially my red wine was poured into a tumbler. It's a very laid back environment and I think this diversion from proper drinking glasses was a step too far. However that's my only grumble. The service was excellent and the steaks amazing.

We had the classic drinks package and don't let it worry you if you're concerned about what you can drink. If your waiters don't ask you what package you're on when you order (which mostly they do), just ask them what wine, spirits etc your card entitles you to. There was never an issue with us. I don't see the need for the premium package if i'm honest. There is so much choice on the classic.

Excursions provided by the ship were very expensive and we only did one to the Godfather village in Sicily but it was excellent.

The dress code is very casual and even the classy chic (formal) nights were do what you like style. Some people were dolled up to the nines others not so much, but nobody cared or took any notice of who was wearing what. I like the lack of informality.

Security onboard is very strict which was very reassuring. Getting off and on again was very quick, efficient and super secure.

Overall this ship is amazing on every level and I simply can't wait to go on it again!

maggi237's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Balcony suite 9224

The cabin was much larger than I expected it to be. Plenty of storage space. Best bed i've ever slept in with quality linens.

Bath towels on the small side, i'm sure a bigger person wouldn't be able to wrap around. Bath sheets would be more suitable. Nice robes provided. Fantastic shower and nice toiletries provided. Always topped up.

Very efficient room service.

maggi237