3. Celestyal Crystal
We chose this cruise because we felt it was the best way to see multiple Greek islands with our limited time in Greece. Booking had several computer glitches, but customer service responded promptly. Embarkation was smooth, just as other reviewers wrote. Easiest ever for a cruise. You do leave your passports ( and you do get them back at them back at the end of the cruise), but I agree it makes me nervous. Once you get to your cabin, you bags are already there! Wow! We upgraded to a suite. This was 3x the price of the cheaper interior cabins. Not worth it! Overpriced! And you get nothing extra! no free water in your room, no free room service, no get off ship first for excursions, nothing except a larger room with a balcony that you will probably be too busy or too tired to enjoy. Food was good. Some days better than others. Never really hot always just warm. There was variety and I enjoyed trying new things. Just wish food was hot. They make you sit with other people in the dining room. Why? They did try to group people by preferred language, but if you asked to sit with just your party, you were told no! Other options for food were often not open so, you had no choice. Actually, we enjoyed sitting with people who did not speak our language, they were still friendly and they enjoyed their family and conversation and we enjoyed ours so, it worked out. I even learned a few words in new language. Did not attend most of shows except the one day we were not too tired because our excursion ended at 5pm and we were at sea the rest of the night. People smoked in the cabins and in non designated area on the ship, I did not see anyone doing anything about that. But, you ask to sit alone or just your spouse and they tell you "no". At times they were nothing open for food because I missed the dining room coming back from an excursion and I had to PAY for food. Excursions: Poor announcements, sometimes none. and if you are not part of a group, be prepared to be called to disembark ship last. Every day. The staff are by far some of the friendliest. We had nothing but positive interactions. Need more times for dining. Despite all the above, I would sail again. It was a large ship, friendly staff and easy to get around and see the different islands. But, I would stay in an interior or ocean view cabin and use my extra funds for shopping and excursions.

Great Way to See Greek Isles

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by purplesun

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Greece

Booking had several computer glitches, but customer service responded promptly.

Once you get to your cabin, you bags are already there! Wow!

They make you sit with other people in the dining room. Why?

Need more times for dining.

purplesun’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celestyal Crystal price drops

clean, spacious suite but overpriced
please change the curtains
if you are going to charge 3x price for other cabins then given suite passengers some perks please
refrigerator was old

• Carpet Weaving
    We did not book this but our tour made a stop here. It was a great experience to see the carpet making but then there were the salesmen.
    View All 40 Carpet Weaving Reviews
  • Ephesus
    Our tour said house of mary but we were able to see carpet making, terrace houses, ephesus. It was a 40 min ride from the port but well worth it. Also, very hot and sunny so bring a hat, umbrella/parasol and water.
  • Mykonos
    No need to book a tour, we just walked around. Very easy to get around.
    View All 1,018 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Oia Village
    Walking tour. Went through several cities by bus great view so you get to see a lot of the island but only walk around two cities. The last stop was basically a shopping area. The first was more residential. Because of the tour we chose, we did not ride cable cars but we did get to the sunset and awesome pictures. This is a tender stop and it was very rocky, you feel the waves as the boat loads up.
    View All 207 Oia Village Reviews