• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Sun Review

Editor Rating
53 Awards

Fantastic Cruise Around the Horn of South America!

Review for Norwegian Sun to South America
MNJones
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

I choose this cruise primarily for the interesting ports and itinerary. Patagonia, Falkland Islands, The Horn, Straits of Magellan, Chilean Fjords, and more.

Embarkation was something. Lots of lines, and checkpoints getting through the port terminal. Once on the ship, and completing one last check-in, I was able to go right to my cabin. My luggage was present along with the first daily schedule. Lots of events throughout the afternoon and evening. I made a list and jumped right into it.

Let me mention that the cabin was great, Mid-ship Ocean View, class OF. I describe it in more detail under the cabin review section.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

Cabin OF

The cabin was great. I felt I had lots of room, with plenty of storage. Shelves and baskets in the closet. Drawers, shelves, and cabinets above and next to the desk. The bathroom was round, and had plenty of room for one at a time, Two could be in the bathroom, but it gets a bit tighter. Lots of storage and hanging space in the bathroom.

The climate controls for the room worked well. When we left we had temperatures near 90°F. As we reached some of the most southerly points, temps were in the 40's & 50's °F. I need to reduce the A/C to warmer temps to heat the room. I always felt very comfortable. Of course I needed to start to cool things again as we moved back into 70's & 80's again.

The porthole window was quite large, had a nice shelf, and a heavy blackout curtain. I used cloths pins to close it tight, which made the room dark when needed. I loved the light pouring in during the day. As others mentioned, I would look out to determine what I needed to wear based on the weather.

The steward kept the cabin clean and well serviced.

Port Reviews

Montevideo

I also explored Montevideo on my own by walking around. It was market day and I was able to experience part of local life. I saw a lot and really enjoyed my time ashore.

Buenos Aires

Spent several days touring the city on my own. Lovely city well worth spending time exploring and experiencing.

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $489