3. Aegean Odyssey
Well, as ever, it was quite good. Emphasis on "quite". The good things. Despite my criticisms below, Voyages to Antiquity are good value for money. I cannot emphasise that enough. But... The staff. They are wonderful. Obliging, friendly. The cabins. Well appointed. Though the beds are very narrow. The food. Tasty. A wide range. Though always tepid. The excursions. Excellent. No quibbles. Did I say the staff? The are wonderful. The less good things. The ship. It is, frankly, getting past it. The chairs and carpets are shabby. As are some of the cabins. The water in the bathrooms was always tepid on our cruise. The toilets frequently did not work. Pick your cabin. Some are really noisy. Speak to the old hands and avoid the rattly cabins. The information system. When things went wrong, the girls on the information desk never gave me a straight answer. And an apology seemed out of the question. Several times we had to help elderly passengers with a simple problem, had the girls on the desk not been so unhelpful. In the end, they came to us. Not good enough. We were happy to help our fellow passengers, but... (For example, one lady asked how to ring the UK to wish her daughter happy birthday. The receptionist blanked her. We overheard the conversation and lent the lady our mobile. She was sooo grateful. The receptionist could have done that, for goodness sake). We've had some good times with them. But this was definitely our last cruise. It was out 9th cruise, so clearly things were not all bad!

Good, but...

Aegean Odyssey Cruise Review by gbrock

Well, as ever, it was quite good. Emphasis on "quite".

The good things.

The staff. They are wonderful. Obliging, friendly.

The cabins. Well appointed. Though the beds are very narrow.

The food. Tasty. A wide range. Though always tepid.

The excursions. Excellent. No quibbles.

Did I say the staff? The are wonderful.

The less good things.